#16 nosy parker

nosy parker

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Thank you for the quick answers :).

I figured claiming it would not be very beneficial for me., but I figured " oh hell, a little bit is better than nothing"

I guess I am just really scared.

I contacted my family doctor to see if I could get another appointment closer to where I live (because the appointment was set in a city that is an hour away from me, and I would have to take a day off, and have my boyfriend take a day off for the sole reason of driving me since I would be unable to).

She at first refused, and then when I explained why she said that I would have to find the doctor myself and she would send the referral.

Within 10min of me making phone calls I found a surgeon who does the procedure (no gastroenterologist in my area, but this doctor has done testing for celiac before).

She said they are booking for the begining of June right now. Which means I will probably only have to suck it up for 2 or 3 weeks.

That I can do :)

Havn't received confirmation of my appointment *fingers crossed*

I noticed a lot of people simply skipped the endoscopy stage.

I have been eating a fair amount of gluten in the past couple of days, but if I get the appointment in 2-3weeks then I won't have to gluten myself every single day anymore.

Hi dark,

What is it that you are scared of exactly?  Is it the actual endoscopy?  I had both a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy done and I can tell you that prior to the exam I was freaking out about the upper endoscopy.  I was soooo nervous about that test.  It didn't make sense to anyone that of those two tests I was worried about that one, as most people freak out about the colonoscopy.  Anyway, I had a great GI, was mildly sedated initially for the colonoscopy which was ok, but quite uncomfortble at times.  Then for the upper endo my GI knew I was nervous and he upped the dose of sedative and I don't remember anything except waking up after the procedure.  If you can have sedation like that, then you have nothing to worry about.  Good luck with your decision.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 dark-angel_warriore

dark-angel_warriore

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hi dark,

What is it that you are scared of exactly?  Is it the actual endoscopy?  I had both a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy done and I can tell you that prior to the exam I was freaking out about the upper endoscopy.  I was soooo nervous about that test.  It didn't make sense to anyone that of those two tests I was worried about that one, as most people freak out about the colonoscopy.  Anyway, I had a great GI, was mildly sedated initially for the colonoscopy which was ok, but quite uncomfortble at times.  Then for the upper endo my GI knew I was nervous and he upped the dose of sedative and I don't remember anything except waking up after the procedure.  If you can have sedation like that, then you have nothing to worry about.  Good luck with your decision.

i am just scared of the unknown I guess.

I am scared if would hurt, I am scared he will find something more, like other damage perhaps...

I am not sure.

BUT the appointment is next week, he said that I should not remember anything even though I will probably will it when it happens.

I don't react well to sedatives, they don't always work on me, but we will see.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: celiac, positive, endoscopie, symptoms, not necessary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: