Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Screen Too Wide-How To Shrink It?

11 posts in this topic

in one of my threads, I've managed to expand it, so that you have to scroll from right to left to read everything, which I don't like.  However, it is limited to only that thread, which makes me think I hit something to make it wider, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what I've hit.  this is the only thread that is appearing too wide on my screen.  thanks for any ideas!

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/100944-dental-visits-and-allergic-reactions/

Ads by Google:

I does that for me, too. I'm not sure what happened in your post that made it go wide. I notice it a lot in threads with pictures posted.

It is the clickable link in the second post in the topic that is causing the stretch. I don't know why, since the board software normally shortens long URLs when displaying them, by showing the first and last several characters separated by an ellipsis.

Oh, I see now (although I have magic eyes). it is actually not the URL being displayed. The URL is hidden in the URL= tag--what is being shown is the label of the URL. As such, it was explicitly requested to be displayed "as is," but does not break up as it is one big long string. 

thanks for the feedback!  I had trouble getting that document to link correctly.  oh well, it will have to stay that way  :)

thanks for the feedback!  I had trouble getting that document to link correctly.  oh well, it will have to stay that way  :)

My eyes are not the only magic I possess. I changed the label to something short, but instructive.

^_^

thank you for doing that  :)  so much easier and convient to read now.  I appreciate it!

My eyes are not the only magic I possess. I changed the label to something short, but instructive.

^_^

Oh this is a question for a person of the sightingly challenged persuasion.... thank you I would love to answer that :) From any page or browser, hold ctrl and then tap + or - to instantly increase or decrease the size of that page. 

So now you know why I was invited to join....

wait,

I wasn't invited?

k

well

it still works

huh?  unfortunately the actual suggestion to the original post did not work  :(  I had given that a try too, but Peter had to go in and fix it.

Oh this is a question for a person of the sightingly challenged persuasion.... thank you I would love to answer that :) From any page or browser, hold ctrl and then tap + or - to instantly increase or decrease the size of that page. 

wait,

I wasn't invited?

k

well

it still works

Edited by powerofpositivethinking

Oh dear, so your settings slipped then. Well that happens to the best of us sometimes.

wait,

I wasn't invited?

k

well

it still works

That works for me with Firefox browser.  I don't know for other browsers though.  On Firefox, that view zoom shortcut works with any web page, not just celiac com. CTRL++++ makes it really nice and big! :)

I'm using chrome and it works in exploder but I should correct myself, I haven't used it in linux, mac or some of the windows browsers. :)