10 replies to this topic

#1 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

in one of my threads, I've managed to expand it, so that you have to scroll from right to left to read everything, which I don't like.  However, it is limited to only that thread, which makes me think I hit something to make it wider, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what I've hit.  this is the only thread that is appearing too wide on my screen.  thanks for any ideas!

http://www.celiac.co...rgic-reactions/

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,145 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

I does that for me, too. I'm not sure what happened in your post that made it go wide. I notice it a lot in threads with pictures posted.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

It is the clickable link in the second post in the topic that is causing the stretch. I don't know why, since the board software normally shortens long URLs when displaying them, by showing the first and last several characters separated by an ellipsis.

Oh, I see now (although I have magic eyes). it is actually not the URL being displayed. The URL is hidden in the URL= tag--what is being shown is the label of the URL. As such, it was explicitly requested to be displayed "as is," but does not break up as it is one big long string. 

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

thanks for the feedback!  I had trouble getting that document to link correctly.  oh well, it will have to stay that way  :)

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

#5 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

thanks for the feedback!  I had trouble getting that document to link correctly.  oh well, it will have to stay that way  :)

My eyes are not the only magic I possess. I changed the label to something short, but instructive.

^_^

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

thank you for doing that  :)  so much easier and convient to read now.  I appreciate it!

My eyes are not the only magic I possess. I changed the label to something short, but instructive.

^_^

#7 Ksee

Ksee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

Oh this is a question for a person of the sightingly challenged persuasion.... thank you I would love to answer that :) From any page or browser, hold ctrl and then tap + or - to instantly increase or decrease the size of that page. 

So now you know why I was invited to join....

wait,

I wasn't invited?

k

well

it still works

#8 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

huh?  unfortunately the actual suggestion to the original post did not work  :(  I had given that a try too, but Peter had to go in and fix it.

Oh this is a question for a person of the sightingly challenged persuasion.... thank you I would love to answer that :) From any page or browser, hold ctrl and then tap + or - to instantly increase or decrease the size of that page. 

wait,

I wasn't invited?

k

well

it still works

Edited by powerofpositivethinking, 14 May 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#9 Ksee

Ksee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

Oh dear, so your settings slipped then. Well that happens to the best of us sometimes.

#10 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

wait,

I wasn't invited?

k

well

it still works

That works for me with Firefox browser.  I don't know for other browsers though.  On Firefox, that view zoom shortcut works with any web page, not just celiac com. CTRL++++ makes it really nice and big! :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#11 Ksee

Ksee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'm using chrome and it works in exploder but I should correct myself, I haven't used it in linux, mac or some of the windows browsers. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: