4 replies to this topic

#1 Marie1976

Marie1976

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

I don't know if this is a related disorder (isn't everything related to celiac? ha ha) but I was wondering if anyone knows of a good TMJ forum/message board. By good, I mean like this one -- where people are posting all the time, and not like the TMJ boards that I've seen that nobody has posted on since 2003. I'm being driven nuts by TMJ issues lately...

Thanks in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sms200

sms200

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

Hi Marie, My daughter has tmj disorder, and after years of just not feeling well we took the leap and eliminated gluten from her diet. We are both shocked at the difference it has made in her life. I think what surprised us the most is how it impacted her tmj disorder. Her pain levels are down, as well as her stress levels (and believe me, stress plays a huge role in tmj disorder).  I have a very active facebook page called TMJ Hope (4000 members) please feel free to join us. Thank you to the admins of this page, until recently I didn't understand how widespread celiac and gluten intolerance is, and the impact it has on lives. 

I don't know if this is a related disorder (isn't everything related to celiac? ha ha) but I was wondering if anyone knows of a good TMJ forum/message board. By good, I mean like this one -- where people are posting all the time, and not like the TMJ boards that I've seen that nobody has posted on since 2003. I'm being driven nuts by TMJ issues lately...

Thanks in advance.

#3 Caroline5757

Caroline5757

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

I'm 17 and since I started having problems problems with celiac (1 year ago) I've had problems with TMJ. I think just the stress celiac puts on our bodies causes these problems. But I saw a dentist, and was given a bite gaurd. It's helped by reducing the pain by about 50%. I didn't think it was at first But mine is caused mostly by grinding/clenching of my teeth while I sleep. I also see a message therapist to help relax my jaw area, which makes it much better!!

#4 ButtercupSarah

ButtercupSarah

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

I also have TMJ and did not think about the relation, massage seems to help, I don't think I have been gluten free long enough to illicit a difference yet, but I will pay closer attention now.

Gluten Intolerant 2013

Hypothyroid 2013

#5 Marie1976

Marie1976

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the info, everyone. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users