16 replies to this topic

#1 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Don't think we have had this posted yet. Pillsbury is making gluten-free dough.

http://glutenfreevil...earch/pillsbury

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'm interested. Depends on whats in it though.

#3 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

I think this is exciting!  I've been gluten free for almost nine years.  And I love the progress.  I am certain that it won't fit everyone's shoes, but I love what's happening in the market place.  (I hope it's not disected so much, that it's pulled from the product listing).  We are a wide scope of peeps.  :D

Thanks for posting this Karen.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I think this is exciting!  I've been gluten free for almost nine years.  And I love the progress.  I am certain that it won't fit everyone's shoes, but I love what's happening in the market place.  (I hope it's not disected so much, that it's pulled from the product listing).  We are a wide scope of peeps.  :D

Thanks for posting this Karen.

I'm hopeful! These are not items for everyday use but might make a nice, easy treat. I'm hoping slightly cheaper or at least more accessible.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#5 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

This is good news.

I read the comments where the link took me and Geez, Louise, some people are really negative.There were people slamming it for what it had in it, even before anyone knew what the actual ingredients were. Maybe it isn't for everybody, but I am going to wait for the facts before I pass judgement.

Gluten-free offerings from mainstream companies heighten awareness and offer more choices for us. You are, of course, free to choose not to use it.

To clarify, my remarks are addressed to the comments on the other forum, not to those posting here.

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#6 karichelle

karichelle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

I'll withhold my excitement until I see the rest of the ingredients...hoping they are dairy free.

#7 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

I sent them a note that they should list the ingredients on the website.  Maybe if they get a few requests for an ingredient list, they will add it?

http://consumerconta...ury.com&js=True

LTES

#8 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

I sent them a note. I am simply sitting back and reserving judgement until I know what is in these things. They aren't the sort of thing anyone, gluten free or not, should be eating regularly, as if you want pizza, or cookies, or pie/pastries you should be making it because it is healthier, one of the most missed things I find for me is the convenience. And to be honest, there are occasions I would consider selling my soul for crescent rolls. :ph34r:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#9 icuski2

icuski2

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

WHERE OH WHERE do I find Pillsbury gluten-free doughs?!  I live in Idaho!

This is great news to my ears.

Thank you!

#10 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

I got this response.  Very quick!  I'm a "Dear Valued Consumer"!  :D

"Dear Valued Consumer:

Thank you for contacting Pillsbury. Your comments are important to our business. We will be updating the website with this information. Please check back in a few weeks. Product is not available in the stores until mid June.

Please be assured that we will share them with the appropriate individuals.

Sincerely,

Norma"

(I bolded that part)

LTES

#11 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

I sent them a note. I am simply sitting back and reserving judgement until I know what is in these things. They aren't the sort of thing anyone, gluten free or not, should be eating regularly, as if you want pizza, or cookies, or pie/pastries you should be making it because it is healthier, one of the most missed things I find for me is the convenience. And to be honest, there are occasions I would consider selling my soul for crescent rolls. :ph34r:

I rarely use a pie crust but the ready-made gluten-free ones I have seen are shaped and in a pan.  These look like a tub.  That would make them nice to use for appetizers like empanadas or pinwheels or such.

LTES

#12 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

I rarely use a pie crust but the ready-made gluten-free ones I have seen are shaped and in a pan.  These look like a tub.  That would make them nice to use for appetizers like empanadas or pinwheels or such.

I thought immediately of muffin pans. I swear I feel some days like 95% of the recipes on Pinterest are crescent rolls in a muffin pan. Without ready made crust type objects available, the convenience of the recipe is right out the window so what the heck is the point? Rolling out and cutting is about a billion times faster than making, rolling and cutting. Plus, lets face it... some people are not people pie crust makers.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#13 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

AWESOME news....hopefully it won't be long before we'll have that beloved can of biscuits popping open -- I know they are bad for us...but some days you just want an easy biscuit and I do miss popping those cans open on occasion -- I think I had more fun with popping those than popping champagne -- of course I was never much for the bubbly...but an easy bacon egg and cheese biscuit was my comfort item in years gone by.

The pie crust looks interesting -- will be able to make chicken pot pies a bit more easily : )

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#14 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

Lay the crescent rolls (without rolling them) in an oblong casserole dish so they touch and hang over the sides. Put a 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick layer of cream cheese on them. Now open a can of fruit (peaches are good) and pour it on top. Fold the hanging ends of the crescent rolls over the top. Bake it in the oven for a while until it looks done.  

I've never DONE this, mind you, but I watched someone else make this at a party once. I couldn't eat it, but everyone else was raving about it.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#15 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Apparently I got the condescending @ss in their customer service department. I guess at least he had the decency to use my actual name.

"Dear Ms. ******

Thank you for contacting us concerning Pillsbury gluten free products. We appreciate the opportunity to address this matter.

These products will not even be available in stores until June or July 2013. At this time, we do not have ingredient information available for them on the website because they are a brand new product. Please check back at a later time.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Gold
Consumer Services"

I'm sorry, but I worked a lot of years in customer service, and the way he worded that is condescending and just plain rude. The tone just makes it sound like I am a moron for asking when they won't even be available for months. Maybe if they don't want people contacting them about it now they shouldn't have put on their facebook page that there will be a limited national release at the end of May, which is the pretty immediate future.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pizza crust, pie crust, cookie dough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: