Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Pancakes At Aldi!

3 posts in this topic

We were at Aldi yesterday and noticed something new in the freezer section. They (or at least my store) are now carrying SimplyNature Gluten Free Pancakes. Needless to say, I was VERY excited about seeing these, since I'd never seen anything like this at Aldi before. A box has 12 silver dollar size pancakes, and I think they were about $2.89. So, we got some, and I couldn't wait to try them--pancakes aren't something we've had a lot of success making. There's instructions on the box for microwaving or heating in the oven. I microwaved mine and they were amazing. Maybe slightly rubbery, but once I put butter and syrup on them it was good.

Note: these aren't certified gluten free, but they at least didn't have any warnings about being processed with wheat.

Then we went to Walmart and found gluten-free chicken strips (Purdue, I think). Got home and saw the news about Pillsbury's gluten free stuff. I love days like that! :)

Ads by Google:

I shop at Aldi all the time.  I was wondering how safe the food is that says gluten free.  I generally don't have bad gi reactions, so I don't know. 

Renaye

Welcome to you both...Labeled Gluten Free is generally safe.  If you have a concern google an item...plus gluten-free....I did this transition a few years back so there were not as many labeled items...but the rule is still pretty simple...like this:

"Kraft Ranch Dressing Gluten" in your search engine....read other's posts and if doubt remains....contact the manufacturer -- i prefer email so i receive a written response...but phone works to.