"people With A Preexisting Condition"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

21 replies to this topic

#16 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

If you get the flu vaccine make sure you know what is in it.  I saw on the website of the Center for Disease Control http://www.cdc.gov/v...n/additives.htm Thimerosal (mercury) is in it..  They also list fermeldahyde as a possible ingredient in vaccines.    They have a list of each specific vaccine and its contents. 

I don't get vaccines  I read the label and consider whether this is for my best health or not.  Just as I would anything I put into my mouth...  I take my health seriously and do follow a careful diet, garden, and exercise. 

. You can find literature with each vaccination box.  You Physician should be able to give the list to you as you consider what is in the vaccine.  You may find some surprises if you look carefully into what each ingredient is.

I found evidence .on the center for Disease Control that abortion materials in the vaccine.  I copied the ingredients for Adenovirus. 

sucrose, D-mannose, D-fructose, dextrose, potassium phosphate, plasdone C, anhydrous lactose, micro crystalline cellulose, polacrilin potassium, magnesium stearate, cellulose acetate phthalate, alcohol, acetone, castor oil, FD&C Yellow #6 aluminum lake dye, human serum albumin, fetal bovine serum, sodium bicarbonate, human-diploid fibroblast cell cultures (WI-38), Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s Medium
To clarify it is the human-dipoid  cell cultures which I believe are from an aborted fetus.  I have discussed this with a few medical doctors and they did not deny it.

Incase you need a to find out what a human diploid cell is I went here to find out about it.http://www.ncbi.nlm....C377233/?page=1  I believe these cells are also called stem cells.

I am sorry that I did not fully support this at first.  My wording, I thought, was stronger than it should have been.  I would not have picked this fight here on the forum, but forgot that it was not common knowledge.  I hope that you will forgive this.  I also hope that I have fully supported my position with credible sources.

That is interesting about the Adenovirus vaccine, except that the Adenovirus vaccine is NOT a flu vaccine.

On that ingredients page there are six Influenza (flu) vaccines listed, none of which contain the materials in question.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

That is interesting about the Adenovirus vaccine, except that the Adenovirus vaccine is NOT a flu vaccine.

On that ingredients page there are six Influenza (flu) vaccines listed, none of which contain the materials in question.

I did look up adenovirus and I thought that it was the flu.  I did express it that I believed it was the flu..  My first intent was to discuss what I do about vaccinations in general and other vaccines have this ingredient.  I hadn't considered the flu vaccine in particular since I am not familiar with it having rejected all vaccines.  The question which I thought was asked was if a certain person should get the flu vaccine.  I thought I would voice an opinion for no.  It would had been better if I just encouraged the person to read the ingredients first as I have done in the past..

#18 Ksee

Ksee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

Your statement refers to childhood immunizations, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis A and polio for which another method has yet to be found and the use of two (2) cultures from the 1960-70's still exist. Please understand, these are the only two cultures being used. No abortions are being used to harvest cells, no fibroblasts are being created to harvest cells. No research is being funded to allow harvest of aborted cells or to allow cells created for harvest.

Regarding the two cultures from forty years ago, the statement of position most researched and thoughtful comes from the Vatican:

http://www.immunize....candocument.htm

Please read this entire article with as much thoughtfulness as was given to it's production. Then please let us know your thoughts. Should we stop protecting against deadly childhood diseases?

Again, none of this has to do with yearly influenza vaccines.

#19 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Straying back to Unhappy Coeliacs question for a bit.  UC, if you get sick often maybe it's time you changed your diet.  Half way measures don't work for the gluten-free diet.  You need to make a serious commitment to the gluten-free diet and get the gluten out of your body.  Then your immune system can focus it's efforts on fighting germs and other nasties instead of fighting itself.  That frees up antibodies to do something helpful for you instead of hurting you.  Making yourself sick on purpose is not helpful to your health.  It is not hard to stick to the gluten-free diet if you keep at it for a while.  It gets easier as your habits and expectations adjust.  If you want to get a flu shot that's ok.  But it won't change the fact that you are making yourself sick by consuming gluten on a regular basis.  Personally I don't get flu shots and I rarely get the flu.  Just because you haven't stuck to the gluten-free diet so far doesn't mean you can't do it now.  You can do it, if you decide to.  But that's your choice to make.  I do know that I am much happier and healthier on the gluten-free diet than I was eating gluten.  You may be surprised by how much improvement you can get by sticking to it for 6 months 100%.  Some improvements take time to happen.  But they can be very worthwhile.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#20 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

To clarify it is the human-dipoid  cell cultures which I believe are from an aborted fetus.  I have discussed this with a few medical doctors and they did not deny it.

Incase you need a to find out what a human diploid cell is I went here to find out about it.http://www.ncbi.nlm....C377233/?page=1  I believe these cells are also called stem cells.

Your claims that "flu vaccines are made from aborted fetuses" is absurd and unfounded.

Human stem cells are not always derived from "aborted fetuses". 

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#21 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

the OP has received solid advice about flu vaccines being safe for celiacs.

That's enough for a celiac to make a decision about what to do.

For the record, I do not get one because my arm swells up like a balloon and is sore for a week.

I taught for 22 years (schools are a breeding ground for this thing) and never contracted the flu. Never.

My hubs got the shot this year (he is not a celiac, but he is healthy and is gluten free) and he got the flu anyway.

and then, he gave it to me...

soo? what??.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#22 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

If you get the flu vaccine make sure you know what is in it.  I saw on the website of the Center for Disease Control http://www.cdc.gov/v...n/additives.htm Thimerosal (mercury) is in it..  They also list fermeldahyde as a possible ingredient in vaccines.    They have a list of each specific vaccine and its contents. 

I don't get vaccines  I read the label and consider whether this is for my best health or not.  Just as I would anything I put into my mouth...  I take my health seriously and do follow a careful diet, garden, and exercise. 

. You can find literature with each vaccination box.  You Physician should be able to give the list to you as you consider what is in the vaccine.  You may find some surprises if you look carefully into what each ingredient is.

I found evidence .on the center for Disease Control that abortion materials are  in some vaccines.  I copied the ingredients for Adenovirus. PSAWYER just pointed out that this is not the flu.It is an example of the ingredients in one vaccine:  The adenovirus vaccine.

sucrose, D-mannose, D-fructose, dextrose, potassium phosphate, plasdone C, anhydrous lactose, micro crystalline cellulose, polacrilin potassium, magnesium stearate, cellulose acetate phthalate, alcohol, acetone, castor oil, FD&C Yellow #6 aluminum lake dye, human serum albumin, fetal bovine serum, sodium bicarbonate, human-diploid fibroblast cell cultures (WI-38), Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s Medium

I am sorry that I did not fully support this at first.  My wording, I thought, was stronger than it should have been.  I would not have picked this fight here on the forum, but forgot that it was not common knowledge.  I hope that you will forgive this.  I also hope that I have fully supported my position with credible sources.

I previously said that there is human ingredients in the vaccine, but I meant some vaccines and now have revised it to be more correct.   I am sorry it was necessary to make this change but my edits have been intended to make the information that I shared more accurate.  I cannot share which vaccines are flu, because I do not know.  I did, however, refer to the CDC for all to check the ingredients.

I am perfectly willing to rewrite this with just the link to read the lists of ingredients and a caution to do so if that will be acceptable.  I hesitate to do it now, because some have replied to it and I cannot change those.

Diana

I again quote post #2. It has been edited many times, but the edit window is now closed, and this will be the final version. Nevertheless, I am capturing it (again).

The source cited at the CDC lists 51 vaccines. Of those, six (6) are for Influenza (flu). None of those six contain material from human cells.

Material cultured from human stem cells is used to produce vaccines for Hepatitis-A and Rubella (German measles). Viruses must be grown on live cells, and so far research has not found an alternative host for these two viruses.

The Adenovirus vaccine was mentioned. It is not related to flu, and is not in general use, but is made by one manufacturer under contract to the US Department of Defense. If you are in the US military, it may be of concern to you.

To sum up, and end this discussion:

With regard to the original question, there is no reason for someone with celiac disease to avoid the flu vaccine because of celiac disease.

The flu vaccine does not contain material derived from human stem cells.

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: