Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Inside Autism Supplement To Gluten-Free Living Magazine=Awesome!

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

so I bought the latest issue of Gluten-Free Living last weekend, and it had an Inside Autism supplement coupled with it.  I just finished reading Inside Autism, and it was great!!!  Go out and buy it if you're able!  I learned that Dr. Fasano is conducting an extensive study relating to autism and dietary intervention.  Can't wait for those results!  Also in another article there was a quote that stated, "Approximately 90 percent of the brain chemical serotonin is found in the gut."  Celiac gut damage and depression/anxiety link strengthened even more.  There was also a wonderful article regarding a magician teaching children and adults magic tricks.  Read the excerpt below:

Spencer tells the story of teaching a simple magic trick to a 9-year-old-boy in a pediatric department of a hospital.  The child had never spoken a sentence until he asked Spencer a question about a magic trick. "He leaned way into me and looked me right in the eyes and said, 'Where do I put my hands?' I showed him how to hold the rope.  He asked, 'What do I do next?' In 20 minutes, he learned three magic tricks," said Spencer, who had no idea the boy was not an easy communicator.  But the boy's father watched as his child talked to the magician.  "That's the first time in nine years I've ever heard my son speak," the man said to Spencer. "It was really incredible." -Inside Autism Spring 2013

the arts are a powerful asset  :)

awesome!!

http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

I promise I'm not a spokesperson for the magazine :P, but if you're interested in getting a subscription to Gluten-Free Living, http://www.glutenfreesaver.com/ is offering a year subscription (6 issues) for $17 right now.  I bought it because I paid $10 for the last issue alone, but for the autism supplement, it was well worth the money!

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: