#1 Shakey

Shakey

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Hi.

Has anyone else suffered with low blood sugar as a symptom of Celiac disease? It was my main symptom and caused me no end of problems.

I'd be interested to know

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:28 PM

As a symptom? No. Not me.

However, i have noticed that i have more blood sugar issues now after going gluten free. If i don't eat within a certain time period, then i start getting the jitters, which goes into the shakes, and a general feeling of icky-ness. Once i eat something, it'll go away, but still, its not fun.

#3 Shakey

Shakey

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

• Hi. Thanks for the reply. Mine is the other way around. Since I was 16 I've had hypo's and 35 years later when my doctor and me accidently found out it was celiac, my hypo's got much much better. We accidently found out after I went to the doctor cos I had bad diahorrea after making and eating a sponge cake. I though it was the eggs, doc said "unlikely - try cutting out the wheat." Woah!!! What a difference. Much better and calmer and I then noticed my hypo's were a lot less and when I do get them they're not as bad.

I've had panic and anxiety since 16 and it's all been down to Celiac. Wasted my life though. Grrrrrr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: