I always have fruit and cut up carrots, celery and bell pepper strips on hand. (I'm a "grazer" )
Dried fruits and nuts and seeds of all kinds (Nuts.com and I are great pals)
Jif -to-go cups are stashed in my car with Crunchmaster crackers
natural applesauce cups
cottage cheese cups
Rice pudding cups
I make these big granola cookies and they freeze really well, so you can put them in baggies, let them defrost in your bag or backpack
and eat it when you want.
Giant Granola Oatmeal Cookies
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Makes 12.
2 cups Certified Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats (Bob's Red Mill, for example)
1 cup Almond or coconut Flour
1/3 cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar (or you can use Light Brown Sugar)
1/4 cup Quinoa Flakes
1/4 cup Ground Flax seed meal (or Chia Seeds or Ground Hemp Seeds. )
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
3/4 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
1 cup Dried Fruit of choice: pick one --or use a combination to equal 1 cup Raisins, Golden Raisins, (SunMaid) or Dried cranberries (Craisins are gluten-free), Dried apples, apricots, cherries, pineapple, mango, etc.
1/2 cup Seeds or Nuts of choice – pick one or use a combination to equal 1/2 cup (Pepitas, Sunflower Seeds, Chopped Pistachios, walnuts, Cashews, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans, etc) ..
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy life Brand)
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup Cold-Pressed Unrefined Coconut Oil or Canola Oil
1/2 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
1 TBSLP. Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pam spray 2 muffin top pans with regular PAM (not Baking PAM—it has wheat in it).
3. Sift together in large bowl: all dry ingredients.
4. Make small well in center of dry mixture. Add: beaten egg , oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
5. Squish/mix together with hands. Press into prepared muffin pans. I wet my hand to squish them a bit to form big “cookies”.
6. Bake for about 14 minutes, or until edges look slightly golden. Center will look a bit undone.
7. Let pans sit for at least 30 minutes on cooling rack before removing cookies from the tins.
8. Cookies store well and they freeze well, too.! I eat one for breakfast on the run with a banana and I'm good.
I use these muffin top pans for these giant cookie bars:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir
"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington
“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport
"Do or do not. There is no try. "- Yoda.
"LTES" Gem 2014
Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac 11/01/10. Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.