2 replies to this topic

#1 MBlanke

MBlanke

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

This is what I found following the instruction that I found on the forum and help files. 

"

Password

You can set a local password here. This will allow you to log in directly to the community and browse from your mobile device. This is optional and will not change how you currently log in

I wish to change my log in password please. There is no way that I can remember the log in that I was sent. 

I do not want to keep my email, and just keep copying it. That would be very insecure. 

Please tell me the EXACT steps to take to change my log in password. 

Thank you

I am Desperate for help, and having much trouble with getting into this forum. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

I click on my picture. Then you can see your info. On the top right is "edit my profile" I click that and it lets me change my password as a choice. This is on a PC. Not sure if it works the same on a phone.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Your log in information consists of two parts.

The first is a valid email address. When you join, an email message will be sent to that address, with a link you must use to confirm the validity. You can change the email to another valid email. The validation and confirmation process will be repeated to verify the new address.

The second is a password or passphrase of your choosing. It can be anything. All the usual advice applies about something you can easily remember, but that others can't easily guess.

To change either item, click on the downward-pointing triangle to the right of your screen name in the top right corner of the window. In the pop-up that appears, click "My Profile." Your profile will open. Click on the blue "Edit my Profile" button. Your general settings will open. At the left side the are some buttons. Click on the second one, which says "Email and Password."

You can enter a new email address, a new password, or both. You will need to enter the current password in each case. Then click on the Save Changes button at the bottom. As I said at the top, a new email address means you go through the validation process where we send an email to the supplied address with a link that you must visit to reactivate the account.

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: