41 replies to this topic

#1 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm super excited. When I went to get copies of my MRI and CT from last summer they apparently were having issues with something and while my disc should have been ready when I got there it took nearly an hour for it to be ready. In exchange for my wait I got 2 movie tickets. Now, we have a $1 theater in town for second run movies (on Tuesdays anyway, the rest of the week it is $1.50) and it isn't like the movie is different if you wait 6 or 8 weeks to see it. But... Tomorrow night is Star Trek!!!

We don't have money to spend on things like movies, but this time it is free. I'm practically on pins and needles excited! Plus, I talked to the general manager of the Cinemark today and he said that it is fine for me to bring a small bag of my own popcorn with me. I know, sitting for 2-3 hours without food won't kill me but I hate being in a crowded theater smelling theater popcorn and I don't have any! I just want to feel normal.

So. Tomorrow night. Midnight. Bouncy bouncy bouncy...... omg I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve! BTW, no I am not dressing up. Mostly because I'm too poor. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

oh I want to see that...let us know what you think to it; and don't be a spoil sport, get dressed up in a treky outfit lol ;)
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

It is being released on my birthday -- hip hip hooray...I can't wait....I'll be too tired to catch the midnight show...but we are going full pop on Friday night -- we never go to the movies in the evening anymore...hope i can get tixs...oh one of my kids just got a job at the fancy new theater in La Jolla...and he'll be working there so that means we only have to buy three tix :D

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#4 bartfull

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Reminds me of years (and years!) ago when I went on opening night to see a Star Trek movie. We got out of the car and there was a guy with a megaphone standing out front saying, "Star Trek Three is all sold out!" My buddy Glenn and I both said, in unison, "Doo-dah, Doo-dah".

I guess you would have had to be there, but the way the guy said it, it really did sound like he was almost singing "Camptown Races".

OK, it was only funny to me. I'll crawl back into my hole now... :blink:  :lol:

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

I giggled...no crawling back in a hole :)

just checked the showings at the fancy theater -- they aren't showing it on friday...but there is a sneak showing tomorrow night for the bargain price of $18.75 -- NOT!!!

Guess it'll be the regular theater without the working son --- boy do I love the sound of that "working son" :P

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

I heard it the way you wrote it, Barty! and I sang it and giggled  too!! :D

While I am not as excited as you guys are as I am not a huge Trekkie (I know, I know, what can I say? I have diverse tastes and that one took

a back seat, sorry?)  I can BE excited FOR you and say "ENJOY!!!"

(maybe someday when I can sit and relax, I will watch a few)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#7 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

I heard it the way you wrote it, Barty! and I sang it and giggled  too!! :D

While I am not as excited as you guys are as I am not a huge Trekkie (I know, I know, what can I say? I have diverse tastes and that one took

a back seat, sorry?)  I can BE excited FOR you and say "ENJOY!!!"

(maybe someday when I can sit and relax, I will watch a few)

Start with the Original TV Series on Net Flix...I still love those the bestest.  You are actually in the majority...I'm a proud nerd -- was a closet nerd in HS...then i had a little boy that is born to tell stories and took him to his first comic con 12 years ago...seems that it is now "in" to be a nerd.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Start with the Original TV Series on Net Flix...I still love those the bestest.  You are actually in the majority...I'm a proud nerd -- was a closet nerd in HS...then i had a little boy that is born to tell stories and took him to his first comic con 12 years ago...seems that it is now "in" to be a nerd.

Oh I watched the TV series sometimes (I know who everyone is and all)

and I am a "nerd wannabe" married to a supercool  nerd, but

I have never seen the MOVIES.

Will you guys come and watch them with me? I'll make the popcorn or whatevs... :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#9 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Oh I watched the TV series sometimes (I know who everyone is and all)

and I am a "nerd wannabe" married to a supercool  nerd, but

I have never seen the MOVIES.

Will you guys come and watch them with me? I'll make the popcorn or whatevs... :)

sure!

i like the new one's the best of the movies...kinda liked a few of the orig movies and did like the next gen movies...i'll come edumacate you ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#10 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

okay, but you have to dress like ohura

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#11 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

okay, but you have to dress like ohura

:lol: :lol: :lol:

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#12 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

OMG you guys are crack me up!

Two summers ago my husband and I started watching with Next Gen, we made it through every series except the original because that one is just not our cup of tea. Besides, we've probably both seen every episode like 5 times in our lives anyway. We even watched Enterprise. (shudder)

I still get flak from friends when I tell them that Star Wars just isn't half as cool as Star Trek. My kids even give me crap over that, which I give right back. :lol:

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#13 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

OMG you guys are crack me up!

Two summers ago my husband and I started watching with Next Gen, we made it through every series except the original because that one is just not our cup of tea. Besides, we've probably both seen every episode like 5 times in our lives anyway. We even watched Enterprise. (shudder)

I still get flak from friends when I tell them that Star Wars just isn't half as cool as Star Trek. My kids even give me crap over that, which I give right back. :lol:

Depends which Star Trek -vs- which Star Wars  :ph34r:

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#14 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

Depends which Star Trek -vs- which Star Wars  :ph34r:

My ex dragged me to the theater to see the first three movies when they were re-released. (First three being the first three made, Episodes 4-6.) I fell asleep halfway through the first one, and the second one. He didn't drag me along to the third one. :lol: People still think I'm crazy because my favorite character is Max Rebo. (The blue elephant thing.)

I'm a Trekkie. Can't help myself. If I had the money to dress up tonight I would totally go as a tribble!

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#15 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

I cant handle movie theatres (too many people in a cramped place) so I've never seen a premiere.  I usually catch the new releases when they become the movie of the week.

I have to STRENUOUSLY say,  STAR TREK RULES.

Colleen 

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

hairy-spider-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: