"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Awesome.
Movie.
Theater.

PS....action movies require theater viewing....sure hope son keeps this job thru the summer if not longer...comfortable, clean chairs with three full feet of leg room over pristine floors...man I am going to get spoiled.

I remain a James Tiberius Kirk fan....although I love each character.

Fantastic birthday even with the intermitant tears as Shroomie and one of hubs childhood pack/friend of mine since HS both left us yesterday.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 HadassahSukkot

HadassahSukkot

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

I have to wait until next weekend to see it. Nooo!!!

I can't wait.

#33 julissa

julissa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

#34 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Pretty sure you guys just talked me into going to see this tonight at our 6$ tuesday night theater.....

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#35 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Go! You won't be sorry. I will definitely be going to see it in theaters again when it gets to the $1 theater. Maybe even more than once. 

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#36 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Discount Tuesday prices today at Cineplex.  :)  And we had a gift card.  ;)

Loved the movie. It builds on prior material in the franchise, so you may miss some references if you did not see the original series episode "Space Seed" or Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Live long and prosper.

Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#37 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Discount Tuesday prices today at Cineplex.  :)  And we had a gift card.  ;)

Loved the movie. It builds on prior material in the franchise, so you may miss some references if you did not see the original series episode "Space Seed" or Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

Live long and prosper.

This is all common knowledge by now but something that everyone involved in the movie went to great lengths to keep under wraps until it was released. If you haven't see those though, while you may miss out on some trekkie jokes it won't take away from your enjoyment of the movie as long as you saw the last one.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#38 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Ugh. I still haven't seen this yet!! And I am a true Trekkie. I have been to Vulcan (Alberta  B) ) for the Star Trek festival  back in the early 90's... I even own pointy ears.  :D

Don't spoil it... tell me no more. I know my V-ger and Khan - I'm going this weekend!

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#39 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

I am soooo not a Star Trek fan as my least favourite genre is sci fi.  People and object thingers dressed up in tinfoil (what is that gold thing's name?) and getting beamed up somewhere??!!  I don't get it.  But honestly.  I am happy for those who do get enjoyment from it.  It makes me happy to see others happily anticipate something they love!  :D

Wait!  The one thing I do get is Darth Vader.  Why?  My husband must use a CPAP machine and when it is not snug over his nose he sounds disturbingly like Darth Vader.  So, I say, "Darth Vader, Dear" and he adjusts his mask.  :lol:

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#40 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

I am soooo not a Star Trek fan as my least favourite genre is sci fi.  People and object thingers dressed up in tinfoil (what is that gold thing's name?) and getting beamed up somewhere??!!  I don't get it.  But honestly.  I am happy for those who do get enjoyment from it.  It makes me happy to see others happily anticipate something they love!  :D

Wait!  The one thing I do get is Darth Vader.  Why?  My husband must use a CPAP machine and when it is not snug over his nose he sounds disturbingly like Darth Vader.  So, I say, "Darth Vader, Dear" and he adjusts his mask.  :lol:

This makes sense to me....as there is no way a Replicator will ever match L2T's culinary skill ;)

Even if you are not a science fiction fan....young JT Kirk would make a fantastic addition to our staff!

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#41 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

This makes sense to me....as there is no way a Replicator will ever match L2T's culinary skill ;)

Even if you are not a science fiction fan....young JT Kirk would make a fantastic addition to our staff!

You're too funny (and sweet at the same time!).  I'll have to google young JT Kirk.  If he is a good fit, he is in!  :P

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#42 Adalaide

Adalaide

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

You're too funny (and sweet at the same time!).  I'll have to google young JT Kirk.  If he is a good fit, he is in!  :P

Oh he is all kinds of in.

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: