10 replies to this topic

#1 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Please excuse my pity party but its either post on this website full of prople who get it or run screaming through the neighborhood and get locked in the looney bin.

I've had about all I can take of this gluten challenge. Admittedly I've let of go too far (eating too much gluten), partly because I'm desperate for confidence in a diagnosis (+ of -, idont care, i judg want to be sure my test results are accurate) and partly because I'm mourning the loss of my childhood comfort diet (processed junk food). My head is such a mess. Headache and brain fog so thick I cant thnk straight, exhausted despite more sleep than usual, dark circles under my eyes, horrible smells all around me (body odor and gas, despite stict hygiene measures), it hurts to lie down, it hurts to sit up. Stomach acid boiling, constant acod in the back of my throat. Everyone at work has noticed, they keep asking me if m ok, that I look sick. And I AM sick. The worst part is the Ffect on my fmily. I'm missing out on time with my son, breaks my heart when he asks me if I'm still sick..."you not sick anymore mommy?" He's not even four yet...i don't remember telling him I as sick, but he obviously gets that something is wrong with mommy. :*( My marriage is strained. Hubby is trying to understand, but he just doesn't. My libido is gone, all I want to do is sleep/lay down... He is being as supportive as he can, but its not fair to him... Plus i just realized that i most likely ahve to keep eating gluten for longer thN i was thinking, unless the GI is able to schedule for an endo right away, ive got AT LEAST 2ore weeks of hell i fromt of me. Ugggggggggh. I just want to curl into a ball and hide. My optimism and positivity are gone. I hope they come back.
Sorry for the negativity. Just had to get that all out. Maybe looking back at this post will help me stay gluten free someday....

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

Ps please excuse the typos and grammar errors. On my phone...and frankly scarlet I don't give a da*$.

Amy 

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

#3 SeekingSarah

SeekingSarah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

((((((hugs)))))

#4 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Look at it this way, there is only two more weeks to go. You've made it this far, you can do it!

#5 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Thank goodness you chose posting here over running naked, down the street with a baguette in your hand!

( that was what you said, wasn't it? )

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#6 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

((((((((((((((hugs, kiddo, hang on, you're almost there)))))))))))))))))

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#7 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

IT WILL GET BETTER AFTER (all of it iykwim)

My husband has back and even better version of me than the one he married.

It is always worth calling for cancellations. I wrote down my gluten challenge symptoms and my doctor saw me pretty sharply.

I know you want the definitive diagnosis, but many of us are ncgi, and experience massive benefits from gluten-free. Your body has made it very clear.

We are all rooting for you and will be here for your journey back to health.
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#8 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

Thanks everyone!! I can't tell you how grateful I am for this site...having support from people who really know this hell is invaluable. 

I woke up feeling more positive this morning. Heard a few songs on the radio on the way to work that were encouraging, and a reminder that I'm not alone and foresaken, there is amazing support here and He is always with me.  Reminded me I need to be thankful the symptoms aren't much worse, caz they really could be a LOT worse. I can get through this day.  I can get through the rest of this challenge.  Then I can start healing and get my life back. It will be ok. :)

Thank goodness you chose posting here over running naked, down the street with a baguette in your hand!

( that was what you said, wasn't it? )

BTW - I literally LOL'd Kareng.  That wasn't what I wrote, but you managed to understand exactly what I meant! :lol:

Amy 

#9 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

BTW - I literally LOL'd Kareng.  That wasn't what I wrote, but you managed to understand exactly what I meant! :lol:

I know.  Just wanted you to laugh.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#10 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

I know.  Just wanted you to laugh.

:D  well done!! :lol:

Amy 

#11 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

:D  well done!! :lol:

The neighbors would have been talking about that for years!

dancing-turkey.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: