Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Alvine Lands $70 Million From Abbvie For Celiac Disease Drug - San Francisco Business Times (Blog)

1 post in this topic

Medical Daily

Alvine lands $70 million from AbbVie for celiac disease drug

San Francisco Business Times (blog)

Alvine Pharmaceuticals Inc. lined up its first Big Pharma partnership, inking a deal with AbbVie Inc. around its experimental celiac disease drug. San Carlos-based Alvine will snag $70 million upfront from AbbVie — spun out of Abbott Laboratories ...

AbbVie, partner team up on drug to treat Celiac disease Chicago Tribune

AbbVie, Alvine Pharma to Collaborate on Investigational Drug for Celiac Disease Fox Business

Dr. Jeff Hersh: Celiac disease causes gluten intolerance The Patriot Ledger

PR Newswire (press release)  - Medical Daily  - Medscape

all 24 news articles »

View the full article

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• A good diet for avoiding type 2 diabetes
      Thank you both so much for your replies.  I like the sound of what's on the menu, cyclinglady! I think I have definitely been straying down the cake aisle too often so will look out for more protein, GFinDC.  Readjusting to fewer carbs is making me feel a bit weird - and from what I read this might be causing the thirst which thankfully is much better today. It is good to know there is a lot I can do about this. My doctor will be doing a cholesterol test too so I may be coming back for more advice!
    • How do you know what's causing what?
      Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not having the endoscopy, or at least I'm not doing the gluten challenge. The wait for an initial consultation with gastro on the NHS where I live is 18 weeks and then another wait after that for the scope. I was so ill and had been off sick so often I was at risk of losing my job so decided to go gluten-free and just stick with it.  Thanks for all the info on other intolerances. I'm guessing lactose is not doing me any favours at the moment. Will defi start keeping a food diary. Thankfully have felt a bit better today - just get scared when the dizziness and stuff starts up again (like yesterday) as it makes me too ill to work or drive. I'm thinking about reintroducing meat at some point when things settle but in the mean time I'm just trying to stick with whole foods (not easy though!). Oh and am on a super high dose of vit d from the doc so hopefully that'll kick in soon! 
    • Blood results - odd
      Hi Kyz My blood ferritin was the same as yours.   I was put on heavy duty stuff by the doctor but it hurt so bad, I got terrible diarrhea (mind you, I was still an undiagnosed celiac at the time) and I won't tell you what other horrid symptoms. Once I was diagnosed another GP put me on ferrous gluconate which you can get over the counter.  She told me to take one tablet with water an hour before I ate breakfast.   It worked a treat - much gentler and a little slower to work than the heavy duty stuff, she said, but my stomach didn't hurt anymore.  Floradix is also pretty good stuff. I'm sorry if you have tried all this and it didn't work but thought I might just mention it in case. Now my haemoglobin is high normal they won't let me supplement - seems you just can't win! All the best Cristiana
    • Blood results - odd
      Hi. Thanks for the reassurance  re B12. You can get over the counter iron in the UK but it's a much weaker form than you can get on pescription and I have never tolerated tablets well, when I was pregnant I had injections and they helped enormously so that's what I was hoping for from my GP- but alas he did not think my symptoms were related to anaemia, he thought infection. But my bloods have come back today with no increased CRP and fine white cell count so I am almost certain it's anemia and B12 deficiency ( I don't supplement this, and think my body can't absorb it so releases it back in to my blood). I was expecting my B12 to be low which is why I was so suprised at the blood reading. either that or my gut has a bizarre ability to hold high B12 and low iron which would be unusal.  I will look at getting my Vit D checked, however have been only stopped taking it about 6 months ago after finishing breastfeeding.  I am hoping to speak to my consultant who can fax my GP and I can get an injection soon, in the meantime I am taking liquid iron ( spartone ) with vit c as it's easier on the tummy. its reassuring to know that odd B12 levels can be seen in celiac as I was initially worried having googled high B12.
    • Favorite Hamburger Buns?
      I haven't found one worth eating. I would like to know the answer. I just eat my burgers bunless. But I haven't found any loaf bread that I like either.  
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ree8080