4 replies to this topic

#1 julissa

julissa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

I wanted to share that there is light at the end of the tunnel for anyone still suffering. hang in there. I had different symptoms ranging from nausea, extreme heartburn and horrible dizziness with brain fog.

now, gluten, dairy and soy free 6 months later, I am living my life without being afraid to make plans for fear of being too sick to go anywhere.

I also noticed another thing I had cleared up, and didn't ever associate this with my issues, my eyes are a lot clearer. there had been days when after watching tv for a while, or being at the computer for a while, my eyes got all out of focus and I couldn't drive. I just noticed that doesn't happen anymore, so happy I got to the bottom of all this.

and thanks to everyone here, and all the great info I never would have known if it weren't for this forum :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

I wanted to share that there is light at the end of the tunnel for anyone still suffering. hang in there. I had different symptoms ranging from nausea, extreme heartburn and horrible dizziness with brain fog.

now, gluten, dairy and soy free 6 months later, I am living my life without being afraid to make plans for fear of being too sick to go anywhere.

I also noticed another thing I had cleared up, and didn't ever associate this with my issues, my eyes are a lot clearer. there had been days when after watching tv for a while, or being at the computer for a while, my eyes got all out of focus and I couldn't drive. I just noticed that doesn't happen anymore, so happy I got to the bottom of all this.

and thanks to everyone here, and all the great info I never would have known if it weren't for this forum :)

It's inspiring to hear that! I'm still a newbie just seven weeks or so into this.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Wonderful testimony. :) Gives me hope!

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

#4 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

that is wonderful :)  i *LOVE* posts like this!!  you may also be surprised, as time goes by and you continue to be strict with your diet, that other symptoms (i had some i didn't even know i had until they went away) will just disappear.  recently, i was able to drive home at night in the rain <something i thought i would never do again - just thought my eyesight was aging lolz...  a "symptom" that i didn't think had anything to do with gluten.  i was overjoyed - it's terrifying to watch the sun go down in a panic because you have to drive home!  

thanks so much for posting your success!!  :D

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 whatsit

whatsit

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hi julissa,

I, too, was having difficulty with my eyes refocussing after using a computer, reading a book, etc, for years. I have been off gluten for a week, and my eyes now refocus immediately. I had blood drawn today for a test.

Thank you for posting good news; it is encouraging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: