65 replies to this topic

#16 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

she took the time on my very first post to bold things I should include in my symptoms list to give to my GI, and that was only the start of her help.  I noticed she hadn't posted in awhile, but I thought maybe moderators rotate schedules, and she was on vacation.  too bad I was wrong  :(  

thank you for sharing your knowledge with others, Mushroom, and giving ideas about what to try next.  you will be missed!

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

I hope Shroomie's family see these posts because it's bound to make them feel a little bit better, knowing how well she was thought of on here.

#18 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Lotsa sads..... :(

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#19 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

I hope Shroomie's family see these posts because it's bound to make them feel a little bit better, knowing how well she was thought of on here.

We are sending the link for this thread to her hubs.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#20 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

I haven't posted yet, because I didn't really know what to say. Still don't.

I imagine she is eating a nice pizza with a side of baked potato and a big bowl of ice cream or some decadent gluteny dessert.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#21 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

We are sending the link for this thread to her hubs.

Oh......that is so nice!  I hope it will bring him some comfort.

#22 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

I imagine she is eating a nice pizza with a side of baked potato and a big bowl of ice cream or some decadent gluteny dessert.

....and laughing with glee that you wrote these words, K.  :)

it's 4:25 am and I can't sleep and I was thinking, well, Shroom's on the board...

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#23 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

....and laughing with glee that you wrote these words, K.  :)

it's 4:25 am and I can't sleep and I was thinking, well, Shroom's on the board...

I know the feeling :(

I normally get up early and her posts were one of the first i would see.

#24 ncdave

ncdave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

Neroli was such a dear friend to so many here on this forum including myself. She will truly be missed but never forgotten. My prayers go out to her family and all her friends.  

gluten free 12/11
dairy free 2/12
soy free 10/12
corn free 10/12
nightshade free 10/12

#25 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

And a big bowl of split pea soup with lotsa croutons!

We had some great legume/lectin chats. Shroom really knew her stuff on all things food sensitivity.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#26 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

You couldn't ask for a more compassionate, helpful soul . . . served with a side of funny.

We'll miss you Shroomie.

Condolences to Clayton. Peace to All.

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#27 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

I know that there is something else she is doing. As I mentioned in an email to the Tickle Me Elbow gang, I know that Neroli was a big cat lady. She spoke so fondly of her Miss Emily (which resonated with me as I am an Emily), and I knew that she was one of those people whom cats love.

Well, in the past month we have had to have our two elderly cats put to sleep, our old beautiful Tess just two days ago. Funny how things transpire.....for last night in my haze of grief, a great warmth suddenly washed over me, for I am sure that my two lovely little feline souls have met up with Neroli and have found her waiting lap.

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#28 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

I'm sure of it, Em:)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#29 julissa

julissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Prayers out to her family and everyone on this board, such a huge loss. She always was so encouraging, and will be missed tremendously. love the visual of her waiting lap in heaven.

#30 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

Oh Em, I promised myself I wouldn't cry but you got me with the cats. It is nice to think they will keep each other company.

I know it sounds stupid, but I hadn't really considered that she might not make it. She had just got through so much, I thought she would do it.

I remember soon after I arrived that someone asked if she was some super trendy 19 year old hottie, as she seemed so clued in to popular culture, and so full of life. I think that maybe in her head she was. Such spirit and relentless optimism.

I loved reading her posts, such warmth, wisdom and humor.

There will be a Mushroom shaped space left here
Mindwarp x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: