#1 cathy12

cathy12

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hi guys,

I'm new here and just wanted some advice. I'm gluten intolerant (pretty sure I've been all my life but it only became apparent until it got really bad at the beginning of last year). I had colic when i was a baby (don't know if this is a connection), I've had keratosis pilaris since i was 5 (it progessively got worse and spread all across my entire body) and constipation for as long as I can remember. I'm now 19 and I've had severe constipaton for about 2 years (go less than once a week and it's painful) i have an ENORMOUS amount of gas and get really bloated to the point that I'm on the floor in pain because my stomach is so huge and I only get some relief if I'm able to release some gas. I've also recently started noticing undigested food particles and I've just started developing eczema. I've got chronic fatigue syndrome and a hormone imbalance and a range of nutritional deficiencies. I've had the blood test for celiac disease twice, but both times it comes back negative for the celiac antibodies but i have a high C-reactive protein. Going gluten free has in no way cured me, and I find that i only get some relief when I don't eat starchy or sugary things. Basically what I'm wondering is whether I should be on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (normal/advanced) or the GAPS diet? I have no clue and my doctor is extremely unhelpful! Everything I'm reading is relating to celiac disease and diarrhoea, but nothing talks about constipation. If I do either diet, am i still supposed to cook the veges etc or should I be having it raw so there's more fibre? Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gluten intolerance, constipation, scd, gaps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: