This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bacon Recipes

kareng

GottaSki Mentor

check this out...

Open Original Shared Link

There is a restaurant in Chicago that served Bloodies...with Bacon and Bacon flavored vodka -- hmmm I wonder if I can manage to get tomato back by September :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

There is a restaurant in Chicago that served Bloodies...with Bacon and Bacon flavored vodka -- hmmm I wonder if I can manage to get tomato back by September :rolleyes:

why not? we've come this far!! never say die babes! ;)

Adalaide Mentor

I wonder if either of you will care!

GottaSki Mentor

I wonder if either of you will care!

Hmmm...bloody for bedtime instead of brunch might work...I'll pin a note to my shirt -- should I blow up like a balloon or stop breathing...please stab with epi pen and shove in a taxi to UoC :P

kareng Grand Master

Hmmm...bloody for bedtime instead of brunch might work...I'll pin a note to my shirt -- should I blow up like a balloon or stop breathing...please stab with epi pen and shove in a taxi to UoC :P

Just hand me the epi first, then have at it!  ^_^

IrishHeart Veteran

Just hand me the epi first, then have at it!  ^_^

I was just going to say.....oh dear gawd, please...........give K the big bag o' pens!!  :lol:

luvs2eat Collaborator

This was from a Wife Swap where the swapped wife tried to throw out this young man's bacon. Cracks me up every time I see it!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 5 weeks later...
kareng Grand Master

Apparently, many people stir their coffee with a piece of bacon so:

Not sure if its gluten-free, probably is.

IrishHeart Veteran

Apparently, many people stir their coffee with a piece of bacon so:

Not sure if its gluten-free, probably is.

It's popular, based on 368 reviews. :D

kareng Grand Master

It was bacon day today on The Chew.  I thought a coffee cake might translate well to gluten free.  For the really lazy, like me, the Betty Crocker gluten-free yellow cake mix makes a good coffee cake.

jerseyangel Proficient

I saw that cake-- would love to try it!

kareng Grand Master

I saw that cake-- would love to try it!

And what about this one?  Its basically a slab of bacon disguised as a roast!  :D

jerseyangel Proficient

And what about this one? Its basically a slab of bacon disguised as a roast! :D

Oh yeah, I'd try that too!! lol
love2travel Mentor

Grilled bacon is unctuous.  Take a slab of side bacon, slice thickly, brush with maple syrup and BBQ sauce and grill.  It crisps and becomes absolute perfection.

bacon.gif

kareng Grand Master

I'm dying to try this one!

Tasty Trashy Taters

ingredients
  • 1/2 bag Tater Tots (thawed to room temperature)
  • 1 8-ounce package Sharp Cheddar Cheese (cut in 1/4-inch squares)
  • Hot Sauce
  • 1 16-ounce package Bacon (strips cut in half)
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
kitchenware
  • Sheet Pan

stepsingredients per stepinstructions
dotted_line.png
  • steps_1.png

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
  • steps_2.png
    1/2 bag Tater Tots (thawed to room temperature)

1 8-ounce package Sharp Cheddar Cheese (cut in 1/4-inch squares)

Hot Sauce

1 16-ounce package Bacon (strips cut in half)

1/2 cup Brown Sugar

To assemble, cut a small whole in each tater tot and place cheese in opening. Dash with hot sauce and wrap in bacon. Secure with toothpick, then roll in brown sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining taters.
  • steps_3.png

Bake about 15 to 20 minutes, flipping tots halfway through so that bacon cooks evenly. The cheese may bubble out and burn, but you can trim or pull it off when you take them out to cool. Serve warm.

Helpful Tips:

1. Cut each slice of bacon in half for the perfect size strip to wrap each tot.

2. Roll each bacon bundle in brown sugar for extra crunch.

I made this last night.  Its WONDERFUL! 

They are a bit hard to assemble.  I left my tator tots out too long to thaw and they seemed a bit dry and crumbled when cut.  I might try them frozen next time. I found the easiest thing is just to slice them in half and stick 2 thin pieces of a good sharp cheddar in between, then wrap.  I laid out the little half strips of bacon and splashed them with the hot sauce first.  I stuck them in the brown sugar for the bottom and put them on a pan lines with foil (they make a big mess).  At the end, I added brown sugar to the tops.  They are fragile while you are making them so that was easier.  I cooked them 10 minutes longer and didn't flip them.

Adalaide Mentor

I saw this recipe once and thought I would like to try it. I'm thinking that again but I have a brilliant idea. Instead of buying tater tots, wouldn't it almost be easier to just make tater tots and shape them into little balls around the cheese?

Adalaide Mentor

Or scratch that and just do the bacon ranch tots and put them around little cheese squares. I still like the idea of them being bacon wrapped though. I think it has been far too long since I've had a tot, I need to make some!

GottaSki Mentor

I made this last night.  Its WONDERFUL! 

They are a bit hard to assemble.  I left my tator tots out too long to thaw and they seemed a bit dry and crumbled when cut.  I might try them frozen next time. I found the easiest thing is just to slice them in half and stick 2 thin pieces of a good sharp cheddar in between, then wrap.  I laid out the little half strips of bacon and splashed them with the hot sauce first.  I stuck them in the brown sugar for the bottom and put them on a pan lines with foil (they make a big mess).  At the end, I added brown sugar to the tops.  They are fragile while you are making them so that was easier.  I cooked them 10 minutes longer and didn't flip them.

Me too...note on the assembly after Karen added this note...I left the tot bag in the frig for the afternoon (tots were still real cold but not frozen solid) then assembled by cutting in half, placing the cube of cheddar between -- I wrapped in bacon - skipped the hot sauce as one of my men can't do pepper - did serve with hot sauce and others added at the table.  Also I placed the bacon wrapped tot directly on the foil lined cookie sheet and sprinkled the brown sugar on top -- seemed to work as the sugar mixed with the bacon fat as it bakes and they seemed to have sugar all over when done.

:wub:  picky Sister loved them -- men too -- but fun to spoil by Sis once in awhile :wub:

Adalaide Mentor

I have family that posts the most annoying crap on facebook all the time... but today I saw this. :D

Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes - made from leftover mashed potatoes

3 slices bacon
4 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes
2 eggs
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices, crumble, and set aside. Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.

Mix the mashed potatoes, eggs, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; stir in the crumbled bacon and Cheddar cheese.

Form the mixture into 8 patties. Heat the bacon drippings over medium heat, and pan-fry the patties in the drippings until crisp on each side, about 4 minutes per side.

kareng Grand Master

I have family that posts the most annoying crap on facebook all the time... but today I saw this. :D

Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes - made from leftover mashed potatoes

3 slices bacon

4 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes

2 eggs1 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices, crumble, and set aside. Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.

Mix the mashed potatoes, eggs, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; stir in the crumbled bacon and Cheddar cheese.

Form the mixture into 8 patties. Heat the bacon drippings over medium heat, and pan-fry the patties in the drippings until crisp on each side, about 4 minutes per side.

My Irish grandma used to do this with mashed potatoes. We didn't add any bacon or cheese. We called them Irish Latkes! These would be so yummy!

Adalaide Mentor

My Irish grandma used to do this with mashed potatoes. We didn't add any bacon or cheese. We called them Irish Latkes! These would be so yummy!

My grammy would do this too. We simply called them potato cakes or potato pancakes. But... with bacon and cheese? YES PLEASE!

Archived