#1 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Wow can't believe how well that went. I think. Lol

GI was on the up & up w/current Celiac/NCGS research, and immediately started talking about scheduling an endoscopy/biopsy (such a relief to me as I was very nervous about being brushed off). Apparently, my PCP was incorrect about my blood tests, or I misunderstood her interpretation. The only test she took (aside from the total IgA to verify I wasn't deficient) was the tTg IgA, which was negative (my level was 8, when range was <10 being normal), but the GI said that test could have been false neg as I had been gluten-free for 6 weeks when it was taken. He listened to my symptoms and concerns & did a brief physical exam of my mid section. Spent a decent amount of time explaining the basics of Celiac/NCGS (little did he know I had already been schooled by you fine folks ;)) and discussing other possible issues. They ran some additional blood work (thyroid and the celiac gene test) and were able to get me in for the scope next week! Only 5 more days of gluten challenge for this girl. Yahoooooooooooooo!!! *happy dance conga line*

One weird thing, when he was checking my stomach, my lower right quadrant hurt like heck when he pushed on it. I guess my face showed the pain, caz he asked me to confirm my discomfort. My lower left quadrant was tender, also, but the right side HURT. Anyone know or want to take a guess what that could mean?

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

No guesses. Nor should I try. I just know I had SEVERE  abdominal pain for so long, it could just be gluten-related.

If it were your appendix, for example...you'd have screamed bloody murder and kicked him someplace he would have noticed.

and the pain would be constant. He may need to do a CT scan of the area. Let him decide.

Still think you have celiac (or NCGI) but what I really want to say is:

Kudos for being so brave for continuing this gluten challenge.

Kudos for finding a GI who "gets it". Hang in there and no matter the results, I do hope you will stay gluten-free as the gluten really seemed to cause you so much trouble.

And despite it all, you kept your sense of humor. Impressive as all get-out, In my book. ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

No guesses. Nor should I try. I just know I had SEVERE abdominal pain for so long, it could just be gluten-related.
If it were your appendix, for example...you'd have screamed bloody murder and kicked him someplace he would have noticed.
and the pain would be constant. He may need to do a CT scan of the area. Let him decide.

Still think you have celiac (or NCGI) but what I really want to say is:

Kudos for being so brave for continuing this gluten challenge.

Kudos for finding a GI who "gets it". Hang in there and no matter the results, I do hope you will stay gluten-free as the gluten really seemed to cause you so much trouble.

And despite it all, you kept your sense of humor. Impressive as all get-out, In my book. ;)

Thanks, Irish. :) And lol at the "kick him somewhere he would have noticed. I'm guessing you meant his shin. ;)

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

#4 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Thanks, Irish. :) And lol at the "kick him somewhere he would have noticed. I'm guessing you meant his shin. ;)

ah yeah,  sure...that's what I meant  :ph34r:

:lol:

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: