1 reply to this topic

#1 AnnJay

AnnJay

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

I recently made a delicious meatloaf with a gravy made of puréed vegetables and coconut milk. There were lots of mushrooms in the dish. I got so sick! After a day I had a little more just to make sure this was the dish that got me. Yes. So that extra meatloaf I made to freeze for later had to go to the garbage. So sad. I have been eating mushrooms without problems until then.

My intolerances include gluten, soy, corn, dairy, tomatoes, peppers, and chocolate. Now mushrooms, too!

Corn is the hardest to avoid. I just learned about the corn in iodized salt, which might explain the constant sick stomach. And I am wondering if there is a corn connection with the mushrooms or if it really is mushrooms. Anyone here know if there is corn-mushroom connection?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but "rotation, rotation, rotation!"  If you have food allergies/intolerance or you even suspect them, you need to 1) calm down the inflammation and 2) prevent new allergies from developing.  Start a four day rotational diet (surf the web for more detailed information).  Avoid all the foods you KNOW or have tested to show you have an allergy.  You may or may not be able to introduce those foods back into your diet later.  

Good luck!  

P.S.  Reactions to mushrooms (I once tested very high for mushrooms) can often indicate fungal problems like candida.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: