Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:24 PM
Just updating you on my sons endoscopy. The consultant discovered he has gastritis so has put him on a course of antibiotics and acid reducing medication, so he is on three different medicines at the moment. He didn't confirm coeliac his waiting for the results of the biopsies. The consultant is also do a large number of blood tests including full coeliac panel, full check on vitamin and mineral levels, fbc plus others I cannot remember what. My sons previous blood results where low white count and anaemia.
Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:28 PM
It's good that your son's doctor is being so thorough.
Do keep us posted on the test results.
Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:40 PM
I hope all this testing will bring you definitive results and that your son's health will prosper.
Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:11 AM
Sounds very thorough, I hope you are on the way to getting the answers you need.
Let us know how it goes.
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users