4 replies to this topic

#1 gf1960

gf1960

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:14 PM

I've been gluten, diary, artificial chemical etc free for about a year due to excessive abdomimal distention and bloating.  I also have allergy to grasses and pollens.  I've able to get off many meds I was on with learning what herbs, vegetables and spices to eat.  But for about 6 months now my skin has been feeling irritated especially from my clothing.  There is no rash. Oatmeal cream or olive oil only relieves the sensation for an hour.  I hope someone here has some advice and this will help someone else.  Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

It's more than highly doubtful that having been gluten-free for a year that this past 6 months you would have dh that is only making your skin hypersensitive. BTW, people with dh don't use Oatmeal cream or lotions as oats are contaminated with gluten. 

You may have a sensitivity to one or more of the herbs & spices you are ingesting.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#3 gf1960

gf1960

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

It's more than highly doubtful that having been gluten-free for a year that this past 6 months you would have dh that is only making your skin hypersensitive. BTW, people with dh don't use Oatmeal cream or lotions as oats are contaminated with gluten. 

You may have a sensitivity to one or more of the herbs & spices you are ingesting.

Thank you for your advice.

#4 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

YVW. Do you keep a food log? That can be invaluable in figuring out what the heck is getting you. Also, in your case, I would suggest a log of topical products. That may help you find what's making you hypersensitive. You know, just because something is "natural" or "organic" or has no additives does not mean you aren't sensitive to it. I think sometimes we overlook that fact what with all the hype about organic or natural or no additives. Just like some people are deathly allergic to peanuts or shellfish ~~~ we can be sensitive or allergic to virtually anything.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#5 frieze

frieze

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

this might be more neurologic than derm. related.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: