5 replies to this topic

#1 taynichaf

taynichaf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi, I am getting and endo/colonoscopy done.. this friday! Yay! Im actually more excited for this then I am for my high school graduation in like a week, lol. Anyways, I will call the office tomorrow to ask if I will be able to talk to the doc before surgery, but what were your expiriences??

I'm just so afraid that he wont take enough biopsies or just SOMETHING, and he'll miss something... I plan on going gluten free no matter what after this, but I just want to POSITIVELY rule out celiacs...

So what questions should I ask??? And any advice for preparation?

THANKS!

Gluten Free 06-02-2013

Dairy Free 06-09-2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

If the damage is patchy, it is very possible to miss it, regardless of how many biopsies are taken.

#3 taynichaf

taynichaf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

If the damage is patchy, it is very possible to miss it, regardless of how many biopsies are taken.

:(

Gluten Free 06-02-2013

Dairy Free 06-09-2013

#4 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

Just remember, you already know gluten is an issue for you, so I would go prepared with a list of the symptoms you've experienced since adding gluten back in. Even if Celiac is ruled out, the GI should consider NCGI, and push for that diagnosis so you can have it documented for college. Hugs honey, good luck!

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

#5 NotMollyRingwald

NotMollyRingwald

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

Oh and to answer your original question (lol), the questions I have on my list (my EGD is Thurs):
- how many biopsy samples will be taken (I plan to push for at least 4, if not 6)
- what other samples (mucosal or otherwise) are planned in order to rule out infection/parasite, etc
- what are the possible complications of the procedure?
- expected recovery duration from the sedation?

Amy 

If you're going through hell, keep going!

Jeremiah 29: 11-13 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." 

#6 taynichaf

taynichaf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

He could actually diagnose me with NCGI?!?! I'd be happy with that, ha. I just really want some kind of diagnoses! But okay, those are great questions, I'll ask them as well. Your appointment is one day before mine! Hope all goes well for you!

Gluten Free 06-02-2013

Dairy Free 06-09-2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: