2 replies to this topic

#1 crystal_jade

crystal_jade

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

My name is Crystal and I am 34 yrs old I Just got my diagnosis on Tuesday what a kick in the gut. Celiacs. I have been having symptoms for 7 yrs, serious for bout 18 mths heard everything from gallbladder to pancreas. My joints and muscles have been affected. Not to mention every digestive issue my dr thought up. I am at a lost as to even where to begin. I have done Internet searches of course but I still don't feel prepared to deal with all these changes I mean this is forever. What is one piece of advise you have found invaluable?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,991 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.celiac.co...ewbie-info-101/

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so poorly but I'm glad you have a diagnosis and can move forwards towards healing.

Acceptance is the key to happiness... That was the best fortune cookie I ever got - or ever will get since I've never seen a gluten-free fortune cookie. LOL  I just found I had to accept it and move on. Really, we have no other choice. Fighting this diagnosis will get us no where, all we can do is embrace it and do the best we can with it.

It helped me to look on the bright side too. Celiac disease is the only autoimmune disease out there that the patient has full control over her or his own treatment. We don't have to rely on doctors to medicate us properly to just treat the symptoms. Over time, we can pretty much stop the autoimmune attack and actually heal. that doesn't happen in RA, Lupus, Diabetes (type 1) or even hashimotos. I consider it to be the best of a lot of other bad options.

Yes, it sucks that I can't eat any baked goods that I want, or that I have to read any processed food label, but in the long run it is probably better for my health anyways.

Best wishes to you. Give yourself time - possibly months to years - and you'll feel better.

And welcome to the board.  :)

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: