This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Sensativity Help?

csad859

csad859 Newbie

This is my first post

Hi I have been struggling/frustrated with my health for the past two years now. I feel like I've seen every doctor out there and no one has been able to give me an answer. To start off I have had ever changing symptoms over the past 2 years, it all started and still seems to circulate around fatigue. Up until this last year the symptoms have taken on some neurological traits like hand tremors, hand circulation/tingiling, eye/face twitches, and feet tingling. The one thing I’ve usually been able to notice is these symptoms tend to be worse after I eat, (The other night I ate a burger had two beers and felt super bloated)  

I have had my blood tested for celiac and it came out negative but many things I have read say that you can still be gluten sensitive. My main point of this post is just wondering if anyone else has had symptoms like me and tested negative for celiac before I attempt to go gluten free.

My main symptoms are

• Fatigue
  • Hand Tremors
  • Leg Tremors
  • Hand/Leg Tingling/circulation
  • Exercise resistance
  • Stomach Bloating at times
  • Eye Twitches/Facial Tremors
  • Sometimes in the afternoon at work the fatigue will hit so bad its hard to focus my eyes and keep them open
  • Teeth Chattering constantly

Any posts/opinions help

Thanks so much

Frustrated C. :wacko: 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Hi Frustrated,

I hope you figure things out. Did you have your nutrient levels checked?

First I am celiac.  I have experienced shakes.  That was solved by a magnesium supplement. There may be other reasons for the shakes, but that was my reason.  I also had twitching eye at times.  I haven't had this recently and do not know why it is gone.

I have trouble with numbness which I am trying to solve with Vitamin B.  I have read this can also be perceived as pinprick sensations or tingling.

Fatigue or fogginess was my greatest symptom.  Bloating was another of my symptoms for 30+ years.

Have you started a gluten free diet?  Did you have all of the celiac panel tests done?  I would suggest you look into the gluten free angle further.

Let us know how it goes.

Diana

nvsmom Community Regular

Welcome to the board.

I can't add any personal experiences except to say some of your symptoms are similar to mine (but I had the positive blood test).  If you give this some time, I am sure some serological negative celiacs or NCGI's will chime in on their experiences.

From what I have learned, Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance has pretty much the same symptoms as celiac disease minus the small intestinal villi destruction. If you are going to give gluten-free eating a try, please give it at minimum 3 months (6 is better) as the symptoms that are not intestinal in nature tend to take longer to improve (I still have some issues at almost 1 year gluten-free).

Have you had your blood sugar tested for diabetes or hypoglycemia? I used to get the shakes when I was undiagnosed but I'm unsure if it was caused by celiac disease or from hypoglycemia (from a diet higher in starches). It could be something to consider.

Best wishes.

csad859 Newbie

As of today I have started the Gluten Free diet to see where it goes. After a little bit on the diet I think I plan on seeing a dietician to figure out what type of vitamens I will need to take (I understand going Gluten-Free can limit ones intake of certain vitamens.

1Desperateladysaved - Yes I get the pinprick and numbness sensation. My hands also model. change colors, get spotty do yours do that?

Nvsmom - I have tested my blood sugar on and off for 3 months and never found it to be lower than what is considered average.

Thanks for the support!.

cyclinglady Grand Master

As of today I have started the Gluten Free diet to see where it goes. After a little bit on the diet I think I plan on seeing a dietician to figure out what type of vitamens I will need to take (I understand going Gluten-Free can limit ones intake of certain vitamens.

1Desperateladysaved - Yes I get the pinprick and numbness sensation. My hands also model. change colors, get spotty do yours do that?

Nvsmom - I have tested my blood sugar on and off for 3 months and never found it to be lower than what is considered average.

Thanks for the support!.

Going gluten free (gluten-free) won't make you vitamin deficient.  Most people who have intestinal damage may need additional vitamins and supplements until they heal.  As long as you eat whole natural foods and vary your diet, you won't have a problem.  Stay clear of processed gluten-free foods -- they're the ones with little fiber and nutrition (i.e. cookies, breads, etc.)

Pauliewog Contributor

I tested negative too. But after doing two gluten challenges where I ended up vomiting for 12 hours each time, my doctor just said, "avoid gluten." I went 100% gluten free a year ago Feb. By April I had tons of energy and felt a million times better.  I had all sorts of odd symptoms that disappeared. I strongly believe that you have to eat good food. I never eat processed anything. I make all my meals. I also started following a primal diet which I found easier to follow. I never eat out either. It isn't easy but it is more of an inconvenience than anything. Once you start to feel better you realize you never want to feel bad again!

Archived