This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Im Needing A Bit Of Help Now

jhol

jhol Enthusiast

hi,

ive just had the second lot of allergy testing and they were all negative again. the nurse explained to me that the skin prick tests and the blood tests were all negative and because i dont have an allergy theres nothing they can do.

she was worried that id restricted my diet so much when i had no reason too and offered to refer me to a cognitive behavioral therapist !!!!! to help me reintroduce the foods id taken out of my diet  ( not sure if thats right but  i think thats what she was saying- i kinda zoned out at that point).she even asked me if i wanted to add the foods back into my diet. erm no i quite like living off rice,refried beans,hummous corn tortilla chips with the odd bit of salad and veg! and i absolutely love not being able to go out to eat with my friends and just ordering a pizza or pasta dish!

she also asked why id given up potatoes - when i said it was because i thought they made my joint pain worse, she said they would never associate potatoes with joint pain from an allergy point of view.

i just feel like going an eating anything i like and then going back to the doctors and letting them sort out the crap that happens. just dont know what to do now.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

1desperateladysaved Proficient

I didn't have food allergies either, that is good news.  Since, you don't have allergies I suggest a rotational diet.  Have all of your foods, but only every 4 days for a day.  If you are intolerant to them; that is supposed to keep you ahead of your bodies antibodies.  If you want more help with this plan you can PM me.

My information comes from the experience of working with a chiropractor and functional medicine nurse.  I also read the manuals that came with my lab work.

The rotational diet helped me.  I took a break from the foods causing problems and now am putting them back in the rotation very slowly.  It sounds like you took the break.

Oh, and by the way.  I associate tomatoes with joint pain.

Are you on an enzyme supplement?  This became a vital part of my treatment plan.

Best of wellness to you,

Diana

shadowicewolf Proficient

Allergies are not the same as intolerances and there is no tests, outside of a removal from diet, for intolerances either.

Juliebove Rising Star

Not all food problems are allergies.  The nightshades (potatoes) and wheat can cause joint pain.  But they are not allergies.  I do not have any food allergies.  But I do have OAS to a couple of things.  What I do have are food intolerances.  It is not true that there are no tests for these things.  There are tests but they are controversial.  One is a blood test, one is a hair test and another is muscle memory.  I am not so sure on the muscle memory one but some people claim that it works.  It can be difficult to find anyone to test you for these things and you do need to be retested about every 3 years.  Food intolerances can change.  Can, but might not.  I don't think I'll ever be able to eat eggs again.

cyclinglady Grand Master

Not all food problems are allergies.  The nightshades (potatoes) and wheat can cause joint pain.  But they are not allergies.  I do not have any food allergies.  But I do have OAS to a couple of things.  What I do have are food intolerances.  It is not true that there are no tests for these things.  There are tests but they are controversial.  One is a blood test, one is a hair test and another is muscle memory.  I am not so sure on the muscle memory one but some people claim that it works.  It can be difficult to find anyone to test you for these things and you do need to be retested about every 3 years.  Food intolerances can change.  Can, but might not.  I don't think I'll ever be able to eat eggs again.

Don't give up hope!  After staying away (completely for one year) from eggs, I'm able to use them in baked goods.  I still can't eat them in their "whole" form.  

jhol Enthusiast

I didn't have food allergies either, that is good news.  Since, you don't have allergies I suggest a rotational diet.  Have all of your foods, but only every 4 days for a day.  If you are intolerant to them; that is supposed to keep you ahead of your bodies antibodies.  If you want more help with this plan you can PM me.

My information comes from the experience of working with a chiropractor and functional medicine nurse.  I also read the manuals that came with my lab work.

The rotational diet helped me.  I took a break from the foods causing problems and now am putting them back in the rotation very slowly.  It sounds like you took the break.

Oh, and by the way.  I associate tomatoes with joint pain.

Are you on an enzyme supplement?  This became a vital part of my treatment plan.

Best of wellness to you,

Diana

hi , thanks for answering

are you saying i should only eat one food per day, so i would eat rice one day, kidney beans the next ect. or keep eating the foods i know are ok and add an extra one like broccoli and see how it goes.

soz if i sound like an idiot- im a bit stressed out  coz im basically on my own now. i feel like im back to square one. ive eaten potatoes for a few days (just to prove a point) joint pain not back yet but the rash on my hands has really hardened up and gone dry and flakey.

im not taking any supplements at the moment cos i was hoping to be diagnosed with something. but i probably could do with something now- i dont think my digestion is working too well. 

Juliebove Rising Star

Don't give up hope!  After staying away (completely for one year) from eggs, I'm able to use them in baked goods.  I still can't eat them in their "whole" form.  

I am not even tempted to try eggs ever again in any form.  They make me sooo ill and gave me such stomach pain for such a very long time, this is not something that I ever want again.  Thankfully I never liked eggs very much to begin with.  I have been tested three times and every test showed eggs as being very high. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jhol Enthusiast

I am not even tempted to try eggs ever again in any form.  They make me sooo ill and gave me such stomach pain for such a very long time, this is not something that I ever want again.  Thankfully I never liked eggs very much to begin with.  I have been tested three times and every test showed eggs as being very high. 

hi,

before my doc suggested celiac, out of desperation i ordered one of these hair analysis tests off the internet. i wasnt expecting much to be honest, i just wanted an answer to , well , anything really. when the results came back all i could do was look every item up on the internet and see if there were any similarities. the only thing ive come up with is, many of the food items are high in histamines or are histamine releasing. ive read on here that you should avoid wheat/gluten anyway if you do have a problem with histamines.( im not diagnosed celiac) i think ive been looking at too many things and not getting anywhere.while sorting out today i found an old elimination diet book - so ive obviously gone down this same route at some point in my life. im gonna try that now and get some proper answers. im not a big lover of eggs either- make me feel sickly

Juliebove Rising Star

hi,

before my doc suggested celiac, out of desperation i ordered one of these hair analysis tests off the internet. i wasnt expecting much to be honest, i just wanted an answer to , well , anything really. when the results came back all i could do was look every item up on the internet and see if there were any similarities. the only thing ive come up with is, many of the food items are high in histamines or are histamine releasing. ive read on here that you should avoid wheat/gluten anyway if you do have a problem with histamines.( im not diagnosed celiac) i think ive been looking at too many things and not getting anywhere.while sorting out today i found an old elimination diet book - so ive obviously gone down this same route at some point in my life. im gonna try that now and get some proper answers. im not a big lover of eggs either- make me feel sickly

I guess I am lucky because gluten doesn't seem to be a problem for me.  It was for daughter and that's why I came here.  When she first went gluten-free, I made our entire house gluten-free, including replacing the toaster.  But that didn't sit so well with my husband because he loves pizza and sandwiches.  I did make good gluten-free pizza but since daughter couldn't have cheese either, that didn't work so well.  Plus she really hates pizza.  So I would purchase sandwiches and pizzas for him on occasion.  And anything else he wanted, he could get in a restuarant.  He never complained about the gluten-free pasta.  He's Italian.  And we ate a lot of pasta for a while!

I was eventually tested myself and found out about the eggs, dairy and almonds.  Later testing revealed that I was no longer intolerant to dairy but the Dr. warned me not to eat it.  Eventually I caved and began eating it, reasoning that if daughter could eat it and not get sick, I could too.  And that worked  for a while but then I went into denial big time.  But that only lasted for a few weeks.  After realizing that the nachos I ate in the Target snack bar would send me flying to the bathroom before I finished my shopping trip, I gave up the dairy.  And felt a lot better!

At some point I began eating gluten again.  Not a lot of it.  And because I can't have dairy or egg, most gluten type foods in restaurants are off limits.  I generally do not know what is in their bread and often they don't either.  I also found out that I can not have rye or oats which would explain why I got horrible stomach pains when eating breads containing those.  And it is kind of hard to find any bread that has no dairy.  But it didn't make me sick.  Neither did Cinnamon Toast Crunch or the vegan pie that I buy occasionally at PCC.  But other than the toast that I eat almost daily, I generally don't eat much gluten.  Daughter can have it *knock wood* again too but...  Because I know it was a problem for her before, I try not to make much that contains it.  Pasta maybe once a week.  Once in a while she will have toast or crackers.  She was big into bagels for a while.  But no longer.  Mostly for dinners I try to do rice, sweet potatoes, beans or potatoes for the starch.  Although she is supposed to be on South Beach so not supposed to have potatoes.

Note to anyone reading this, that the problem my daughter had with gluten and wheat was an intolerance.  Not celiac.  So not the same but when she was having issues she did get quite sick.  Don't want to lead any celiac into thinking that they could one day eat gluten again.  Unless the medical people come up with some kind of miracle.

Archived