2 replies to this topic

#1 MommaBecker

MommaBecker

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

My son is 11 months old and will be finally having his scope performed on the 30th. I read the thread regarding questions to ask and I wanted to follow up with one of my own.

My son is EXTREMELY sensitive to gluten, corn, and all grains. He also has DH which flares with even iodized salt. How long before the test should I be feeding him gluten (we have been grain free for 6 months) and will the test show if he has leaky gut? We have been unable to do the leaky gut blood/urine test because it consist of drinking a corn syrup which he cannot tolerate. We are worried that if we don't feed him gluten then the test will show a false negative. If we do feed him gluten, it is going to be awful but the trade off will be finally having the diagnosis so doctors stop ignoring his health problems.

Any thoughts on what to feed, for how long and how far in advance?

Mother of Celiac and DH infant.

Doctor's keep telling us that "babies can't have Celiac" and that it is impossible to get gluten from breast milk.

In spite our their refusal to see reality, our son developed his Celiac at 2 months old after antibiotics and antifungal treatments. 

He was diagnosed with DH at 6 months old yet the GI refuses to consider Celiac out of stubbornness. 

Still seeking a doctor who will do a biopsy and genetic screen. 

DH cleared after removal of gluten, corn, and iodized salt. 

Leaky gut problems occur with ingestion of nightshades, soy, and all grains. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 frieze

frieze

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

My son is 11 months old and will be finally having his scope performed on the 30th. I read the thread regarding questions to ask and I wanted to follow up with one of my own.

My son is EXTREMELY sensitive to gluten, corn, and all grains. He also has DH which flares with even iodized salt. How long before the test should I be feeding him gluten (we have been grain free for 6 months) and will the test show if he has leaky gut? We have been unable to do the leaky gut blood/urine test because it consist of drinking a corn syrup which he cannot tolerate. We are worried that if we don't feed him gluten then the test will show a false negative. If we do feed him gluten, it is going to be awful but the trade off will be finally having the diagnosis so doctors stop ignoring his health problems.

Any thoughts on what to feed, for how long and how far in advance?

at least 6 weeks worth,  you need to find a doc that will diagnose on symptoms.

#3 Ollie's Mom

Ollie's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Does he have an official diagnosis of DH? If so, then that means he also has a diagnosis of celiac.

Is there something else that the doctor is looking for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: