4 replies to this topic

#1 Dancer

Dancer

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

A friend of mine who works in alternative health told me that aloe Vera juice will heal a leaky gut. There seems to be contradictory information on the web about this. Has anyone used aloe Vera juice?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

A friend of mine who works in alternative health told me that aloe Vera juice will heal a leaky gut. There seems to be contradictory information on the web about this. Has anyone used aloe Vera juice?

I've tried the juice in the past and didn't notice any health benefits.  Be aware that it has a laxative effect.  I do use aloe vera, the plant, in my backyard for cuts and burns. it works great, but it's a little smelly and messy.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

I inquired of my Osteopathic/Functional Medicine doctor whether I should try aloe vera for my son's intestinal damage.  He said it was too astringent.

For myself I have decided to take a small amount.  It has helped me heal so many ailments.  I decided that I would be able to tell if it were too astringent for me.  I haven't had any noticeable problem, but have only taken it a couple of times.

#4 pretty in paleo

pretty in paleo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

Yes it should help soothe and heal the inner lining of your gut because those are practically the same type of cells that skin is made of. Aloe vera is good for healing internally and externally. I drank a lot of aloe vera juice when first dx'd. If you don't like the taste you can always hide it in a fruit smoothie or something.

#5 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

I read about Aloe Vera juice but was afraid because of the laxative effect .... Have any of you noticed that things improve? A friend of mine takes it but she is not Celiac. She does have other disorders. She said I should take it. But I am afraid. Maby once I am Gluten Free for a while???

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: