3 replies to this topic

#1 denipink

denipink

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

Hello, i have just joined the forum and i have decided to start a gluten free diet. I have both psoriasis and type 2 diabetes, both diseases that fare well gluten free.

I will see my doctor on the 27th and ask for his assistance.  In the meantime i just google away hoping to find good information i can apply to my life.

If you have any information you would recommend a "newbie" look at online or in book form i would appreciate any help that you could give.

With everything else that i am dealing with, starting a gluten free diet does not look too easy for me. That said, i am tired of "not feeling well" so much, especially right after i eat, so making a good diet change does seem to be in order.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Dugudugu

Dugudugu

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Welcome to the board Denipink,

Please allow your self some time to browse this forum. So much information can be found!

I went gluten free one year ago. I didn't found it so hard to adapt to the diet. When doing shopping, make sure you read the labels very well. It helped me a lot to go with my BB. When I find an ingredient I have my doubts about, I'll check online.

Good luck with your challenge. It will all work out in the end and I hope you'll feel better with it.

#3 Charmainee

Charmainee

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hello denipink,

This is my first day as a new member of this site though I have used it for lots of pertinent accurate information in my search of Gluten-Free products and info.

I too am from Ontario, Canada.  

Eating Gluten-Free and eating healthy are not really that difficult.  All you have to remind yourself is that it is for the good of your body.  Sure it can get a little frustrating when you see everyone around you eating anything they want.  But believe me, when they see the awesome food that you make for yourself, they will be envious of you.

If you don't know how to cook, learn.  It is truly so easy and empowering.  I try different recipes all the time.  You will learn what to substitute out for a Gluten-Free product.  I've even taught myself to make delicious Gluten-Free cupcakes such as Peanut Butter and Jam, Cherry Cheesecake, Cinnamon Bun, etc.  Friends and family look forward to coming over for dinner and don't even realize they just ate a Gluten-Free meal.

Good luck with your new experience!

#4 skullgrl

skullgrl

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hey,

I'm from Ontario as well and have suffered from some Celiac induced psoriasis myself. My Mom's psoriasis also turned into psoriatic arthritis recently. If you need any help finding places to shop feel free to message me, I've only been doing this about 6 months but I've learned a thing or two. If you live near one of Organic Garage's three locations I suggest heading to one because they have a pretty awesome gluten-free selection (some prices are really good others are not but the selection is great). If you can you may also consider cross-border shopping. gluten-free food prices and selection are amazing in the US. Not to mention the difference in tax (11.7$ here vs. 0.74$ there).

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease May 2013.

Gluten free ever since.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: