20 replies to this topic

#16 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

I love the newbie thread !! I am also new at this!! Cannot w8 to learn more!! And more and more!! 

Yaay!! Your positive attitude will help your recovery and adaptation to this "new normal" more than anything else!! :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

when i was a newb, this place saved my life.  i would say "sanity" but y'all know me....   ;)

welcome to the best club you never wanted to join lolz 

yes, we DO know you  :lol:  and yes, "the best club you never wanted to join" --classic!!!

Agreed. This place really did save me. I was ready for despair, and found you all and my outlook changed almost immediately.

Thank you AGAIN!!!!   :D

Yaay!!  :lol: hang in there, hon--it gets better and better!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#18 HarryCat

HarryCat

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

HI Gluten Stinks and The Rest,

I too am a recent entrant into the Coeliac mind field. I was diagnosed with no symptoms (during a routine check up) and since then things have taken a turn for the worse! Now that I am trying to keep gluten out of my diet I am finding myself reacting to it if I accidentely eat it. Tonsilitis set in not too long after the diagnosis for two months closely followed by the office cold/flu that is going around.

I am very much looking forward to the day that things start to improve. Heading to the toilet 6-7 times a day and feeling constantly constipated is starting to take its toll. As is no exercise and just being constantly exhausted.

However, this site and these forums give me hope that things will improve and hopefully I can stop being such a wind bag (in more ways then one!).

Thanks for all the info - it's very much appreciated.

Cheers

HC

#19 GlutenStinks15

GlutenStinks15

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

HI Gluten Stinks and The Rest,

I too am a recent entrant into the Coeliac mind field. I was diagnosed with no symptoms (during a routine check up) and since then things have taken a turn for the worse! Now that I am trying to keep gluten out of my diet I am finding myself reacting to it if I accidentely eat it. Tonsilitis set in not too long after the diagnosis for two months closely followed by the office cold/flu that is going around.

I am very much looking forward to the day that things start to improve. Heading to the toilet 6-7 times a day and feeling constantly constipated is starting to take its toll. As is no exercise and just being constantly exhausted.

However, this site and these forums give me hope that things will improve and hopefully I can stop being such a wind bag (in more ways then one!).

Thanks for all the info - it's very much appreciated.

Cheers

HC

HC,

Things really will improve. In a little over four weeks my symptoms are reduced. It can take many months for them to completely go away (I am told) but you will see and feel the change.

My stomach cramping went away rather quickly, and that was the most painful symptom for me. Sometimes I'd be doubled over...

Hang in there!!

Celiac disease April 2013 -- so glad I got answers and can heal now.

Love Red Apple Lipstick!

#20 eers03

eers03

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

when i was a newb, this place saved my life.  i would say "sanity" but y'all know me....   ;)

welcome to the best club you never wanted to join lolz 

Well said.  I'm kinda feeling the same way.  It helps me a lot.

Diagnosis 11/2012

#21 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Welcome!!! 

I'm stealing from Notme....

The most awesome club you never wanted to join!!!  or something like that ;)

We've all been thru it...so hang out and keep laughing -- it really does make everything better.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: