#1 Hunt

Hunt

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi,

This is my first time to write on a forum, looking for information about SIBO in relation to people

who are diagnosed with celiac disease.  I have been a celiac for 3 years and stick to a very

strict gluten free diet.  About 6 weeks ago I started to break out in a rash on my arms and legs and it was extremely itchy.  I took anti histamines, and it calmed down, but did not go away.  Went to my GP who sent me to an allergy centre.  Had blood tests, and was put on a very high dose of anti histamine tablets.

I got my results yesterday and now have intolerance to a lot of food I eat regularly.  Also I am histamine intolerant and have to go on a strict histamine free diet.  Eating now if very boring.  No explanation was given as to why this has happened, just stick to diet and clear build up of histamine out of my system. 

I have been doing a bit of research and sometimes this seems to be caused by SIBO, which I never heard of before.  This can be treated by antibiotics.  Can anyone through some light on this for me.  A gluten free diet is easy for me to follow but a histamine free diet nearly cuts out everything.

tks

hunt

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: