Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gi And Allergist Appointments- Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 wmramsel

wmramsel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

We have an allergist appointment on June 3 and a GI appointment on June 11 for my daughter.

What are your suggestions?  Things you wish you would have asked, things to make sure to ask, things to look out for...etc.  I don't want to miss anything! 

TIA!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MommaBecker

MommaBecker

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

We have an allergist appointment on June 3 and a GI appointment on June 11 for my daughter.

What are your suggestions?  Things you wish you would have asked, things to make sure to ask, things to look out for...etc.  I don't want to miss anything! 

TIA!

I highly suggest that you have the normal allergy panel done along with testing all the gluten culprits. This means not just wheat but barley, rye, and others. Make sure you have those results when you go to the GI. They will most likely pass your child off as having allergies. We had to have our testing redone 3x before the believed that our son was not allergic to wheat. It is worth keeping a file with all the lab copies to take to appointments with you. I also keep a journal that i log all appointments, conversations and results into so I don't miss anything when answering doctor's questions. 

Mother of Celiac and DH infant.

Doctor's keep telling us that "babies can't have Celiac" and that it is impossible to get gluten from breast milk.

In spite our their refusal to see reality, our son developed his Celiac at 2 months old after antibiotics and antifungal treatments. 

He was diagnosed with DH at 6 months old yet the GI refuses to consider Celiac out of stubbornness. 

Still seeking a doctor who will do a biopsy and genetic screen. 

DH cleared after removal of gluten, corn, and iodized salt. 

Leaky gut problems occur with ingestion of nightshades, soy, and all grains. 

#3 MommaBecker

MommaBecker

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Since my son is a baby, it is easy to take poop photos too. While not the most amazing photography collection in the world, the slide show with information about what our son ate prior does seem to help the doctors. 

Mother of Celiac and DH infant.

Doctor's keep telling us that "babies can't have Celiac" and that it is impossible to get gluten from breast milk.

In spite our their refusal to see reality, our son developed his Celiac at 2 months old after antibiotics and antifungal treatments. 

He was diagnosed with DH at 6 months old yet the GI refuses to consider Celiac out of stubbornness. 

Still seeking a doctor who will do a biopsy and genetic screen. 

DH cleared after removal of gluten, corn, and iodized salt. 

Leaky gut problems occur with ingestion of nightshades, soy, and all grains. 

#4 StephanieL

StephanieL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I highly suggest that you have the normal allergy panel done along with testing all the gluten culprits. 

This is a repeat thread but as I stated in her other thread testing without having seen a prior reaction is not how allergists should be testing.  Because of the high false positives in testing, it could limit a kids diet unnecessarily.

#5 wmramsel

wmramsel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

This is a repeat thread but as I stated in her other thread testing without having seen a prior reaction is not how allergists should be testing.  Because of the high false positives in testing, it could limit a kids diet unnecessarily.

I have no idea why this posted twice, I tried to delete the second one and couldn't figure it out.  For whatever reason this website works only sporadically at my home and this is the first I've been able to get it to work.

We have seen prior reactions- ended up in the ER.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: