2 replies to this topic

#1 Jclegg

Jclegg

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I would like to know if it is ok to chew CeliAct or it has to be swallowed whole.  I could not find any instructions on the proper method.

I know some vitamins have a protective covering so it will not dissolve until it reaches the intestines.

Then some other vitamins are chewable.

Which is the approved way so I get the most out of CeliAct.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,121 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

What do the directions on the bottle say? Maybe email the company and see if it makes a difference? Usually, if a vitamin is meant to be chewed, it will taste good.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

If it was a chewable tablet it would say so on the label. Swallow it whole. As an aside you may be able to get higher levels of the vitamins we need with regular gluten-free vitamins at a much lower price. If your doctor will check your vitamin levels you can pinpoint what you need to take mega doses of more easily.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: