This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Fog Is Breaking Up: Memories Of Things That Cleared It.

1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Last May I joined the forum and  I had gone gluten free a couple of months before.  I suffered 30+ years and have tried many things to cope with undiagnosed celiac. Now, I know what enemy I am facing, so I can cope much better. I am no longer tired all of the time.  I don't wake up as tired as I was before retiring anymore.  I don't always need a nap.  Thinking back over the years, there are many things that helped.  These will be in order of my recollection:

The herb fennel.  I made cookies with these, lost water weight, and gained energy.

Exercise:  Sometimes it would perk me up, but alas other times it devastated me.

CoEnzyme Q 10 supplement.  (It gave me energy and more alertness.)  In the end of my gluten years, it no longer helped.  I take a little now with my supplements.

I cut out sweets

I raise my own food. 

Sunshine.

Naps (Sometimes help)

I got mold out of the house. (Except that washing machine)

Back adjustments:  Six years back I nearly died.  I began having adjustments and doing exercises for my back.  In the beginning, I noticed I sometimes came out of the fog after doing these exercises.  Sometimes I noticed that I could breath easier.

Vitamin Supplements as recommended by my chiropractor.  These were miracle workers for me.

Get enough fat.  I get to feeling sluggish without coconut, olive, or butter with 3 meals a day.

Gluten Free Diet

Grain Free Diet

Pancreatic Enzymes

Washing nuts and legumes before eating.(This is here Thanks to Steph)

Food intolerance test/Rotational diet

Herbs for adrenal gland support

I will come back and edit this if and when I think of more things.  If you are tired, don't give up until you try all of these and more.  I made much better progress when I had help.

IF you have been helped by something put it below.

Diana

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

w8in4dave Community Regular

Sounds like what your doing is working for you!! Someday I want to get where you are!! 

I hope you will soon be there and beyond!  You've started to walk and I would encourage you to keep walking!

Diana

djs89 Rookie

Thanks for sharing this.

• 2 weeks later...

Your welcome.  I hope it will give people ideas.  I am hoping people will get better one step at a time.

Gonna fly now, I hope!

dilettantesteph Collaborator

I'm so glad that things are getting better for you.  That brain fog is terrible.  I get it too.  

Archived