#16 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,308 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

Results are in... Negative for celiac :/

Super disappointed because I'm still worried that they are missing something...

For my GERD, i'm supposed to be taking medicine or something and for my constipation I have to be eating high fiber... Example, wheat bread instead of white bread. I just really feel like doctors arnt listening to me....

Like I said on another one of your posts, get the test results. Get a copy of the labs and the pathology report and the procedure report. Ask some questions of the doctor. Sounds like you let him tell you you have GERD and a hernia and you don't seem to know what they are as you thought they were the same thing. You need to speak up and ask what that is and what the treatment is. Do they want to surgically repair the hernia? If not, what follow- up do they want to do for it?

I know you are young, but its your body and you need to speak up and ask questions and try to understand.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

so the more whole grain, Fiber One type of products I ate before going gluten free, the more stopped up I became, no matter how much water I drank.  My anxiety increased because I would get so upset over not going, and the snowball effect happened.  There were times I drank a whole bottle of magnesium citrate and not a thing happened :o Ex-lax gave me bad cramping, but no relief, and Ducolax worked but I became concerned because I would have to take 5 tablets to get things moving, and the max dose is supposed to be 3.  I don't do well with mixing thick fiber supplements in a glass, and Miralax was prescribed to me by my GP, but it didn't work well for me at all.  Psyllium did nothing for me.  I was jealous of friends who could eat a bran muffin and clean out their insides because it would plug me up more  :P

Sure enough on my first visit to the GI and talking about bloating and constipation, he suggested more fiber and water, but I said been there done that  :P luckily, he listened and I started getting tested and now with going gluten-free, regularity is returning!!  One thing I am very diligent with is my water intake.  I love water, and yes, I really do mean that!  I would much rather have water over soda or alcohol.  

Current routine-I wake up each morning, take a few Citrucel with water on an empty stomach, and that helps to get things moving.  Anxiety has greatly reduced going gluten-free, so that certainly helps as well!!

Fiber is needed, but you have to find the right fiber for you.  Personally, fiber from fruits and veggies agrees better with my system, but my hope is that someday I can get rid of the Citrucel, but for now it's needed  :)

Edit: I also got diagnosed with GERD and a hiatal hernia during my endoscopy.  I really hope you are able to find someplace to get the DGP test performed!  Also my GERD has gotten better going gluten-free.  I would suggest reading the book Why Stomach Acid is Good for You before taking powerful acid reducing drugs.  It seems to create more problems than it fixes.  My advice would be to try eating gluten-free first to see if it helps the GERD.  good luck!  http://www.amazon.co...is good for you

Edited by powerofpositivethinking, 30 May 2013 - 04:36 PM.

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

#18 taynichaf

taynichaf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

so the more whole grain, Fiber One type of products I ate before going gluten free, the more stopped up I became, no matter how much water I drank.  My anxiety increased because I would get so upset over not going, and the snowball effect happened.  There were times I drank a whole bottle of magnesium citrate and not a thing happened :o Ex-lax gave me bad cramping, but no relief, and Ducolax worked but I became concerned because I would have to take 5 tablets to get things moving, and the max dose is supposed to be 3.  I don't do well with mixing thick fiber supplements in a glass, and Miralax was prescribed to me by my GP, but it didn't work well for me at all.  Psyllium did nothing for me.  I was jealous of friends who could eat a bran muffin and clean out their insides because it would plug me up more  :P

Sure enough on my first visit to the GI and talking about bloating and constipation, he suggested more fiber and water, but I said been there done that  :P luckily, he listened and I started getting tested and now with going gluten-free, regularity is returning!!  One thing I am very diligent with is my water intake.  I love water, and yes, I really do mean that!  I would much rather have water over soda or alcohol.  

Current routine-I wake up each morning, take a few Citrucel with water on an empty stomach, and that helps to get things moving.  Anxiety has greatly reduced going gluten-free, so that certainly helps as well!!

Fiber is needed, but you have to find the right fiber for you.  Personally, fiber from fruits and veggies agrees better with my system, but my hope is that someday I can get rid of the Citrucel, but for now it's needed  :)

Edit: I also got diagnosed with GERD and a hiatal hernia during my endoscopy.  I really hope you are able to find someplace to get the DGP test performed!  Also my GERD has gotten better going gluten-free.  I would suggest reading the book Why Stomach Acid is Good for You before taking powerful acid reducing drugs.  It seems to create more problems than it fixes.  My advice would be to try eating gluten-free first to see if it helps the GERD.  good luck!  http://www.amazon.co...is good for you

Grrr.. Well I got every test now EXCEPT the DGP... That was the only one they didnt have. But whateverrrr.

Gluten Free 06-02-2013

Dairy Free 06-09-2013

#19 taynichaf

taynichaf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Like I said on another one of your posts, get the test results. Get a copy of the labs and the pathology report and the procedure report. Ask some questions of the doctor. Sounds like you let him tell you you have GERD and a hernia and you don't seem to know what they are as you thought they were the same thing. You need to speak up and ask what that is and what the treatment is. Do they want to surgically repair the hernia? If not, what follow- up do they want to do for it?

I know you are young, but its your body and you need to speak up and ask questions and try to understand.

Alright I will. Thanks. And they tried to tell me about it but I was out of it.... So they told my mom and I guess she didnt do a very good job at telling me :/

Gluten Free 06-02-2013

Dairy Free 06-09-2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: