11 replies to this topic

#1 Gfresh404

Gfresh404

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Anyone use it before? I wasn't able to find much with google.

The only ingredient is Tomato Paste so it's really a question of manufacturing

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'd eat it. FWIW  :) probably the only thing they make on that line.

,,,and I am super cautious and sensitive to CC. I use various brands without a problem.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

Have you seen tomato manufacturing plants? They aren't making bread there. They can't make anything but tomato products on those lines.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

I regularly purchase and cook with store brand tomato paste (Publix, Fresh Market, WalMart) and have never have a problem.  The name brands should be okay too, they will disclose on the ingredients panel if anything other than tomatoes are in there.

Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#5 Gfresh404

Gfresh404

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

I'd eat it. FWIW  :) probably the only thing they make on that line.

,,,and I am super cautious and sensitive.

Have you seen tomato manufacturing plants? They aren't making bread there. They can't make anything but tomato products on those lines.

I regularly purchase and cook with store brand tomato paste (Publix, Fresh Market, WalMart) and have never have a problem.  The name brands should be okay too, they will disclose on the ingredients panel if anything other than tomatoes are in there.

The only thing that scared me away was also the only thing I found on it; one woman saying she reacted to it: http://www.glutenzap....php?f=5&t=1236

#6 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

The only thing that scared me away was also the only thing I found on it; one woman saying she reacted to it: http://www.glutenzap....php?f=5&t=1236

No comment.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#7 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:01 AM

You have been around long enough to know that that is a site for super, extra sensitives. I believe they even tested it for gluten and it was negative.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

#8 Gfresh404

Gfresh404

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

You have been around long enough to know that that is a site for super, extra sensitives. I believe they even tested it for gluten and it was negative.

I had actually never heard of that site before. And she said it actually tested positive.

No, but my DD reacted to Bionaturae tomato paste (ingredients: organic tomatoes). No question -- I tested it at 1x.

#9 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,115 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:49 AM

I had actually never heard of that site before. And she said it actually tested positive.

No, but my DD reacted to Bionaturae tomato paste (ingredients: organic tomatoes). No question -- I tested it at 1x.

I'm not going to get into an argument about super sensitivity. However, I haven't heard of any home test that can accurately and reliably test to 1 ppm. Those concerned with this small an amount usually eat little to no processed foods, including certified gluten-free foods.

LTES

#10 Gfresh404

Gfresh404

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm not going to get into an argument about super sensitivity. However, I haven't heard of any home test that can accurately and reliably test to 1 ppm. Those concerned with this small an amount usually eat little to no processed foods, including certified gluten-free foods.

Is that what 1x means - 1 ppm? Yeah I am really skeptical about any home test that claims to be able to pick up trace amounts of gluten

#11 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,550 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Plus, those tests cost $15-20 each. Some people claim they test every single thing they eat. Who has that kind of money?

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#12 Gfresh404

Gfresh404

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

You guys were right - called the company today and they: "It is a gluten-free product."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: