2 replies to this topic

#1 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hi everyone !! My name is Wendy , you can call me w8in :) I have just had a blood test yesterday for Celiac of course it is not back yet. But I have been struggling with symptoms for a very long time, and my Dr. Would just give me a pill or kinda sluff it off as a minor complaint. Then I was talking to my daughter because she was having issues and my other Daughter chimed in and said maby you have Celiac. I looked it up and called my Doctor, he ordered a blood test, they made a mistake on the blood test, so I went in and had another. and of course it is a holiday weekend! haha (my luck) but my Dr. still just doesn't think it is Celiac. After this blood test comes back I am going to go on a Gluten Free diet no matter what the results! A friend of mine said "You hope your Celiac?" I said I want to know!! I want to know! What is wrong with me!! It would be so easy to change my diet!! I'd rather do that than have to take pills!! I am so sorry this is so long ...... so now I am w8in4test :) I am glad I found this site!! TY :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hello & Welcome

Doctors   at  times  drive  me insane.... Do you know  which  blood  panel or  tests  you  had  done? (The  last  time) I  understand  you  are  willig  to  accept  a  celiac  dx's ,  its  way better  dx's  than  the  big C..  Who  wants  drugs  that kill off  the liver, surgeries  that  change  our  lifestyle not  to mention  the  pain & healing...&  the  one  I  dislike  is  doctors  telling  us  its  all in your  head....

So I  agree  if  you must  have  a  illness  let  it be  celiac  or  gluten  sensitive,  we  can  control this  baby  by the  way  we  eat. It  isn't  always   convienient,   &  does  have  a learning  curve &  is  more  costly  but  the outcome  is  a  wonderful, full  healthy life....

Welcome  aboard

mamaw

#3 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Hello & Welcome

Doctors   at  times  drive  me insane.... Do you know  which  blood  panel or  tests  you  had  done? (The  last  time) I  understand  you  are  willig  to  accept  a  celiac  dx's ,  its  way better  dx's  than  the  big C..  Who  wants  drugs  that kill off  the liver, surgeries  that  change  our  lifestyle not  to mention  the  pain & healing...&  the  one  I  dislike  is  doctors  telling  us  its  all in your  head....

So I  agree  if  you must  have  a  illness  let  it be  celiac  or  gluten  sensitive,  we  can  control this  baby  by the  way  we  eat. It  isn't  always   convienient,   &  does  have  a learning  curve &  is  more  costly  but  the outcome  is  a  wonderful, full  healthy life....

Welcome  aboard

mamaw

Thank you for the welcome! 

I do not know what test I had. All I know is they did one vial for the test. Then the place they sent it to called me and asked If I could come in and give more blood. So I did, They took 3 vials said they only needed two but it was a very complicated test so they took one more for good measure. They said what they were for, but it all sounded like German to me! I guess I should of had her write it down. I aslo wish I knew how long the labs took before I got an answer. Ohhh well patience is a virtue !! I have also started buying as much Organic as possible!! It is hard to buy everything Organic, but I have been doing the best I can. SO far :) I am looking forward to that "Full Healthy Life" :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: