Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is Coeliac Disease The Only Thing At Play?

3 posts in this topic

So initially I felt fantastic going gluten free but then I had to eat gluten in preparation for an endoscopy. I thought that I would go back to feeling amazing as soon as I stopped eating gluten but it's been about 2 and a half months and it's still bad. I've also had bloody stool which apparently is not a symptom of Coeliac Disease but my doctor seems to think that it is just a hemorroid.

I want to know if anyone knows any other conditions that could be at play here because I'd rather try to fix it now rather than waiting another six months, not feeling any better.

By the way: I had blood tests done and I am not anemic, nor do I have a thyroid problem.

Would appreciate any advice/personal experience. Thank you :)

Ads by Google:

Are you eating simple whole foods?  Processed foods -- gluten-free or not can often be tough on the healing digestive system.

Dairy can also be tough until healing happens.

A food/symptom log can be very helpful in sorting out possible problem foods you are having during transition -- if a food (other than gluten) is bothering you...remove it for a while and then try it again after a week or more.

Hang in there :)

As Lisa said, I also struggled for a few months after my gluten challenge.

I now have a very clean diet, and identified several food intolerances. I feel better than I have for 20 years.

Hang in there, keep reading and asking questions.

Welcome to the board :)