16 replies to this topic

#16 BlessedMommy

BlessedMommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:20 AM

I don't mind the fact that OG food is overpriced and not the tastiest, because at least they have options. And the fact that it's not cooked on premises makes it safer. Generally I go out to eat because friends or family want to and not because it's the best food. My food at home is a lot better!

~Ruth

Gluten free since 2/14/2010 after suffering a rare and serious complication from my gluten challenge

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Georgia_guy

Georgia_guy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

Just a note on why the recipe posted on the website isn't what is served in the restaurant. As a general rule restaurants consider their recipes to be proprietary information. Employees who will have access to these recipes may even have to sign NDAs. (I had to at more than one restaurant.) There is not a snowball's chance in hell a restaurant as large as Olive Garden would post a recipe that they serve on their website. The restaurants I have had to sign NDAs for in regards to recipes have been both chains and small local joints, everyone wants to protect those recipes because if you can replicate the food at home you won't come back.

Just a note on why the recipe posted on the website isn't what is served in the restaurant. As a general rule restaurants consider their recipes to be proprietary information. Employees who will have access to these recipes may even have to sign NDAs. (I had to at more than one restaurant.) There is not a snowball's chance in hell a restaurant as large as Olive Garden would post a recipe that they serve on their website. The restaurants I have had to sign NDAs for in regards to recipes have been both chains and small local joints, everyone wants to protect those recipes because if you can replicate the food at home you won't come back.

I have been looking at different places menus and gluten free listings since going to the doc, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to do it since 95% of places don't know what that they serve, sell, or manufacture contain gluten! It's ridiculous!
But on a brighter side, I have to say Adalaide, your signature line about "you don't look sick" is hilarious! Made me honestly laugh for the first time in a while when I read it, and I may just have to steal it from you and use it. :-)

Been having issues since forever
First issues I can connect to celiac was in middle school
Vit deficiencies, muscle spasms, fatigue 😴😴, migraines 😣😣, abdominal pain, joint pain are most prominent
April 2014- Nutritionist suggested celiac
May 2014- "reverse gluten challenge" © 2014 by "georgia_guy" 😁
28 May 2014- Officlal member of the Silly Yak Club per tests done at private lab out of pocket-have to stand corrected on previos statements, I have now seen the actual results...IgA defficient, IgG was high on both tests
29 May 2014- Start of Gluten Free life!
I am weird and random, and I proudly claim it!
GOOD MORNING Y'ALL! 😁😀😜😛😎😷😋😇😏

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: