Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Smirnoff's Twists

2 posts in this topic

:( I emailed the co. and got a reply

"...Smirnoff FMB products (Smirnoff Ice, Smirnoff Ice Triple black, Smirnoff Twisted V line) do not contain gluten, however they do contain a similar protein from barley called hordein. If you are able to tolerate beer, then you should have no problem with Smirnoff FMB products. If you need additional information on this subject you can log on to this site:, which will provide additional, detailed information about gluten intolerance...."

No beer, now no smirnoff products. BOO HOO!!

Ads by Google:

You can have Smirnoff vodka and flavored vodka, but not their malted drinks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I was in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana & South Africa this summer, with very few problems.  I brought a ton of Kind bars, Justin's peanut butter packets and Costco beef jerky just in case!  I get the Kind Bars and Justin's on Amazon Prime.  Africans eat a lot of meat (try the Kudu, it's awesome!) and veggies.  Stay away from sauces.  I don't recommend eating the Mopane tree worms, even though they are gluten-free.  I tried to get out of it, but my tour leader said they were gluten-free and I had to try it as part of the experience....ewwwww!  lol  gluten-free is quite popular in South Africa...they call in the Banting diet.  Maybe they know it up north as well?  I would definitely stay away from chips because you have no idea what else has been in the same fryer oil.  One chicken nugget and you're toast.  I've never had a problem with rice.  Have a great trip...Africa is amazing!  
    • Hi Jan, Have you had any allergy testing? Could be you are allergic to something else. My daughter is Celiac and was still getting ill & feeling awful after going gluten-free. Found out through several blood tests that she is allergic to shrimp, wheat, yeast & sesame seeds. Many GlutenFree foods contain the things she is allergic too so her food choices just had to change. But she was recently diagnosed with EoE from her lastest endoscopy after being  sick with horrible acid.  Go have more testing with a GI doctor that is current with celiac disease and it's many different symptoms. Knowledge is a powerful weapon and you need to try and stay positive. You have many people who you can turn to and a big Celiac family that is always ready to listen & help where they can! Welcome to the forum 👍🏻
    • Hi Janst, It might help to simplify your diet.  Eliminate possibilities of gluten sneaking into your diet.  It's pretty easy to make mistakes with your diet when transitioning to gluten-free eating.  I suggest eating only whole foods for a 6 month period until you get used to things.  Cross contamination is another thing to look out for.  Shared peanut butter, butter, or other condiments can spread gluten in small amounts and make us sick.  Sometimes medicines or vitamins can have gluten, even teas and spices are possibilities.  Kissing a person who has eaten gluten recently can cause problems too. Keep trying because every time you make a mistake you learn something. You might want to try stopping all dairy for a while to see if that helps also. And welcome to the forum
    • I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease last year in December. Right before Christmas. — I am no longer in contact with a family member after cancelling on going to a cookie exchange. Instead of being understanding, I got attitude about how I just don’t seem to want to attend any family functions. Anyway, fast forward… After a self inflicted relapse earlier this year (I just had to see if I had been misdiagnosed, how far I could push things…), I have been extremely careful about anything I eat, drink and even prepare for my husband. We have completely stopped eating out. I went through my kitchen and gave away or threw out all of my plastic containers. I am still getting sick, at least once every two weeks. I broke down in tears earlier. I am so fed up with feeling so awful. My house is a mess most of the time. I am not getting outside chores done. I am exhausted. I finally filed for intermittent FMLA because I am on the verge of being fired due to excessive absences. I suffer through many days at work as it is. I get home and don’t have the energy to do any chores. It’s all I can do to fix dinner. The weekend finally arrives and I have all of these tasks on my “To Do” list that need to be accomplished before bedtime on Sunday. Today ended up being a typical Saturday — I have apparently been glutened. So, I am not venturing out of the house to go grocery shopping. I have felt absolutely wretched. So, I will have to cram all of my chores into one day tomorrow. That is, if I am feeling better. I really don’t know what else to do. My Doctor has helped me as much as she can without sending me to see a GI doctor. Help please!!
    • I understand. Poor thing, made doubly rough because 13 is a really hard age even in the best of times. OK, at 13 she should show the damage in the biopsies. I didn't know if she was 2 or 3 yrs. old & in those cases sometimes they just plain haven't lived long enough to be damaged where the biopsies pick it up - it can be so patchy then.  Gosh, I'm really feeling for her & you both and I so want to say take her off gluten the moment the endoscopy is over but I'm afraid to say that b/c I've seen some pretty weird things go on that you would never expect. Docs can be so uninformed! Please let us know how things turn out & send your daughter some hugs from me and tell her I believe her. Please let her know that most of us had been told by doctors they think it's all in our heads, didn't believe us, blew us off so we know exactly how she feels. Remind her her pedi believes her & he's been more helpful than the GI has.  Press the GI for 6-8 biopsies but a bare minimum of 6.  {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member