Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

I Saw The Saddest Thing Today :(

9 posts in this topic

Lol, this is VERY random, but I needed to share this with someone...

When I was driving, I saw a bird carrying another bird that looked like it in its claws and flying away from crows, trying to attack the bird in the claws :(

Lol, I'm stupid... But seeing this just made me want to cry.... WHYYYY DO I HAVE TO BE SO FREAKING SENSITIVE/EMOTIONAL!?!? Lol.

Ads by Google:

Lol, this is VERY random, but I needed to share this with someone...

When I was driving, I saw a bird carrying another bird that looked like it in its claws and flying away from crows, trying to attack the bird in the claws :(

Lol, I'm stupid... But seeing this just made me want to cry.... WHYYYY DO I HAVE TO BE SO FREAKING SENSITIVE/EMOTIONAL!?!? Lol.

That sounds so sweet! Probably a young bird. The crows can be soooo mean and attack the baby birds and eggs. I have been known to go after crows and train dogs that like or dont care about birds to chase crows. I know that is just what they are made to do, but they don't have to do it in my yard!

I think you are very sweet to be so concerned, (hey, I cry at the sight of road kill, so I get it)

but Karen is right. It is likely the bird was rescuing it and I am sure they were both fine.

Crows are obnoxious.Loud and rude....and  I shoo them off all the time.

I should train my dogs to chase them away... ha. But it was just so sad cause theres nothing I could do, but I wished I could help. I now hate crows... :/

I think you are very sweet to be so concerned, (hey, I cry at the sight of road kill, so I get it)

but Karen is right. It is likely the bird was rescuing it and I am sure they were both fine.

Crows are obnoxious.Loud and rude....and  I shoo them off all the time.

OMG!  I get all upset over road kill too!  I always feel sorry for the poor whatever that gets killed....especially if it's a deer.  And yes, I do like to eat venison but I don't kill them myself.  I'm such a hypocrite....... :wacko:

I agree  very  sad... some  larger  birds ie  hawks,   owls  &  such  can  actualyl  pick up  kitties  , fly off  with them   &  have them for  supper... that  really upsets  me......   poor  stray  kitties...

I agree  very  sad... some  larger  birds ie  hawks,   owls  &  such  can  actualyl  pick up  kitties  , fly off  with them   &  have them for  supper... that  really upsets  me......   poor  stray  kitties...

OMG I AM NEVER LETTING MY CAT OUTSIDE ANYMORE

OMG!  I get all upset over road kill too!  I always feel sorry for the poor whatever that gets killed....especially if it's a deer.  And yes, I do like to eat venison but I don't kill them myself.  I'm such a hypocrite....... :wacko:

I dont get upset if I see road kill... but if im in a car that runs anything over i will freak out and have like a panic attack and start tearing up ha. weeeeird.

Crows actually chase hawks away and for that reason I like having them in my trees.  Saw them chase away a small hawk that I believe got one of my baby turkeys.  Hawk hasn't been back.  A few days ago I saw (heard, mostly) a crow way up in the sky dogging an eagle that was perusing the open buffet that is my yard full of chickens.

I happily share my chicken treats with the crows. :)