30 replies to this topic

#16 surviormom

surviormom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Absolutely !! It is!! it was all in my gut!! I knew something was wrong!! My pants would sag on my bottom but be tight on my gut!! I took myself off and 1 week!! Wow!! Now I don't know what I ate yesterday! But something had me a lil bloated!! I was even a lil bloated today from what ever it was!! I think I made hubbs some noodles and out of habit I tasted them to see if they were done. That is the ONLY thing I can think of!! Some times old habits are hard to break!! When I realized I did that I was like OMG what did I do? Then realized how many times I did it .... I have to break those tasting to see if something is done habit!! And stirring with the same spoon habit!! 

I kept doing that in the beginning, that is just one reason everyone is now eating this way, that and at least 2 of our kids have little things that add up to gluten and go away without it.  The other 3 have had improvements without it.

Gluten Free 2012 - Dairy Free 2012 - Acid Reflux Diet 2013

Chronic Gastritis 2013 - Peptic Duodenitis 2013 - Hiatal Hernia 2013 - C-Diff 2013 - Endometriosis 2013 - Uterine Fibroids 2013

Patellar Tendonitis 2013 - Arthritis 2014 - NCGI 2014 - Erosive Esophagitis 2014 - Barretts 2014

I have a long list of physical ailments that were being grouped into age/gender by doctors.

Began Gluten Free and Casein Free after an Allergy Test trying to find answers to health problems that the doctors just were not answering well enough. Looking back through history, I have a lifetime of allergies and gastro issues.

Learn from yesterday, Live for today, and Hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

TY! I am doing pretty good! Of course I was on Atkins for years!! I should of just stayed on it! I like to eat meat with fresh veggis and stuff!! It is hubbs that like the noodles every night!! I will have to find a gluten free good noodle so he can eat it and not really know the difference! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#18 GwenO

GwenO

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

My daughter is a celiac, I tested negative - twice.  I quit gluten anyway - mostly to support her at first, but I feel so much better.  Last week I had a plate of gluten pasta that someone offered me - looked good, I was hungry - poor choice because it made me quite ill for a few days.  So I'm just going with it!

#19 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

Yea thats why I wish I would of been tested positive! So I wouldn't think in my head " I am not Celiac, I can eat some" And go for it!! The good thing Is I have never been a big bread Fan or a big Noodle fan! So I will not be tempted by that! Now come  the holidays! I have noooo idea what I am going to do!! We go to hubbs brothers house!! I always blamed it on his water , because I run to the bathroom every time we eat over there!! Now I know it isn't the water! I will have to take my Gluten free dishes over there and just eat those! No more of his BIL's cheesie potatoes with Cream of soups!! And stuff! Wow! I think back on these last few weeks and think , I cannot believe I was eating all that Gluten! I am sure I may be getting some ( I don't know where from) but I am sure I am getting some but I sure feel better!!

It is nice you quit Gluten to support your daughter!! I'd of done the same thing! And then having it in your face and eating some then feeling bad!! So very sorry!! Hope you feel better soon!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#20 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Yea thats why I wish I would of been tested positive! So I wouldn't think in my head " I am not Celiac, I can eat some" And go for it!! The good thing Is I have never been a big bread Fan or a big Noodle fan! So I will not be tempted by that! Now come  the holidays! I have noooo idea what I am going to do!! We go to hubbs brothers house!! I always blamed it on his water , because I run to the bathroom every time we eat over there!! Now I know it isn't the water! I will have to take my Gluten free dishes over there and just eat those! No more of his BIL's cheesie potatoes with Cream of soups!! And stuff! Wow! I think back on these last few weeks and think , I cannot believe I was eating all that Gluten! I am sure I may be getting some ( I don't know where from) but I am sure I am getting some but I sure feel better!!

It is nice you quit Gluten to support your daughter!! I'd of done the same thing! And then having it in your face and eating some then feeling bad!! So very sorry!! Hope you feel better soon!! 

You make the potatoes this year.  (you and I seem to be on a  soup thing today!)  ;)

http://www.pacificfo...cial_diets=1235

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#21 Brandiwine

Brandiwine

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

There's still a few things I'm trying to work out in my head, are gluten sensitivities also hereditary? Or is there a flaw in the test? A couple of my family members want to get tested ( we all suffer from different autoimmune diseases) do you have to get all the tests done because one will show and another may not? Has anyone tested negative and then later tested positive?
Vegan, Gluten Free diet, sensitivity to onions, soy, allergic to Cinnamon

#22 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

There's still a few things I'm trying to work out in my head, are gluten sensitivities also hereditary? Or is there a flaw in the test? A couple of my family members want to get tested ( we all suffer from different autoimmune diseases) do you have to get all the tests done because one will show and another may not? Has anyone tested negative and then later tested positive?

Since there are no reliable tests for gluten intolerance other than eliminating it and seeing what happens, I am answering about Celiac disease.

It is hereditary but not everyone with the genes for it develops it. You could test negative today but become positive at a later date.

Editted because it didn't really make sense.  :blink: Got to stop letting the cat help with answers.

Edited by kareng, 11 June 2013 - 06:29 AM.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#23 Brandiwine

Brandiwine

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

Editted because it didn't really make sense. Got to stop letting the cat help with answers.

Cute :) I have to edit mine a lot too, I keep telling myself to proof read but....

Thanks, I guess it's just hard figure out why some people have the same symptoms and GFD helps but their tests were negative.

Only reason I'm so inquisitive is because I'm trying to explain all of this to my fam and I don't even totally understand it. I knew the gene sometime isn't "activated" (for lack of a better word) until later or maybe from stress or trama. I did know enough to tell them to ask for a full Celiac panel when they go for the blood test. (Hope that was right) *crosses fingers*
Vegan, Gluten Free diet, sensitivity to onions, soy, allergic to Cinnamon

#24 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

I had a pretty long talk with a friend of mine today, she told me she thought I was doing great on my diet because I get it in my head I cannot eat some stuff so I just don't eat it! I said because 1st of all I hate spending most of my time thru out the day running to the rest room, and second of all , I went on this diet for 3 days and felt so much better!! And actually I have never really been much of a bread eater, and the noodles I could live w/o .. everything eles I can eat!! Just make sure it is Gluten free!! So we were at the store and I was looking for Basmitti rice, She said "ohh ohh look here it is and it is gluten free" It was a special kind. Because the other Basmatti rice was not gluten free , So she is behind me on my diet! I also told her , this is NOT a diet! It is a way of life!! I will try <-- key word ..to never eat a glutenized noodle or piece of bread or dish of anything again!! If I do it will be a total accident!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#25 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

OK talked to the Dr's office , after they sent me a letter wanting me to call them, My test for Celiac came back positive. I said but you called and said it was negative!! She said I have your test right in front of me and it is positive. So I have a Dr. apt. with some other Dr. In Aug! SO back on Gluten I go! 

My friend said well you wanted to be sick from something. I said No I wanted answers!! And this "If I am going to be sick from anything" I'd much rather be Celiac than any thing eles!! I can control Celiac!! So end result " Test for Celiac" POSITIVE .... Thank you!! Now I know!! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#26 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

why do you have to go back on gluten?  omgosh that is another month and a half.  :(  

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#27 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Wow!  Glad you have a definitive answer.  It seems like you can be turning around in 6 weeks!  I think maybe you should make a different thread about it.  I am afraid some  won't notice.  What a deal to be told "no" and have it changed to yes!  Still, You know.  Sorry you have celiac, but glad you know!

To receive find out when someone posts on your thread scroll up and to the right and click on follow this topic.  Mine even sends me and e-mail.  I used to miss the answers to mine all of the time before I found that out.

D

#28 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

YAY! Welcome to our big fat celiac family. So happy that now you have answers. This will explain a lot, I'm sure.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#29 w8in4dave

w8in4dave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

why do you have to go back on gluten?  omgosh that is another month and a half.   :(

You really should be eating gluten for test. So they know for sure , I really don't know how to word this right. I guess in order to be tested you have to be eating it. I will eat gluten , see this next doc, then ask him what he wants "test wise" and just see...  

Thank you everyone for all the positivity!! We can all use it!! I know it helps me!!! Ty so much!!! I may make another thread! Thanks for the advice :) 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

#30 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

You really should be eating gluten for test. So they know for sure

of course, sorry, i thought they were done testing you :)  good luck!

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: