• Please log in to reply

10 replies to this topic

bluedove

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

Despite eliminating gluten, dairy and legumes I have been coping with fatigue and mood issues. I am working with my family doctor but recently began seeing a naturpathic doctor who has placed me on IV nutrient therapy and a further 3 week hypoallergenic diet to search for other food intolerances.
1) has anyone tried IV nutrient therapy (Myers cocktail) and was it successful?

2) how often do people get sick throughout the year? Do I have to become ocd and turn into a major pita to avoid cross contamination

3) any ideas on how to treat CC muscle pain\neuropathy when CC happen? Missing 2 days of work each time is causing problems with my employer. I thought I was doing well this year :(

Allergic rhinitis and chronic sinus 2010 (no longer an issue since gluten-free and DF)
celiac disease & lactose intolerance- 2011
No legumes- 2013
*Supplementing daily with D,C,zinc, complex B, calcium citrate, L-glutamine powder, and will be adding flax oil, hmf powder probiotic, phytosine, and have weekly IV therapy for another 4 weeks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

May is Celiac Disease Awareness month

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

I'm assuming your real doctor re- tested your Celiac antibodies and they have gone back to normal? He has tested your thyroid? He has blood tested to see what things you are lacking - like vit D, iron, ferritin, B12, etc?

"Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there's always one determined to face in an opposite direction from the way the arranger desires."
~Marcelene Cox

"Earth laughs in flowers."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

flower-3-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png

bluedove

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

Thank you for your reply. Thyroid screen appears normal. Ferritin was at 29 in December- am taking an iron supplement as well. My skin arms, legs and scalp are often itchy but I don't have any sores or DH that I can see.

bluedove

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Whoops- and yes, the antibodies have returned to within normal ranges

kareng

May is Celiac Disease Awareness month

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Not sure why you would have an IV if something if your levels are all good?

"Children in a family are like flowers in a bouquet: there's always one determined to face in an opposite direction from the way the arranger desires."
~Marcelene Cox

"Earth laughs in flowers."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

flower-3-smiley-emoticon-emoji.png

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

It sounds like you can't afford to have problems with cross contamination.  Preventing problems is the very best way to solve it.  Eat foods you prepare away from contamination worries.  Once you are ill you kind of have to wait it out.  Some people say that extra fluids helps once you are glutened..

I actually can't remember the last time I was ill.  Oh, yeah it was about a year ago.  I have had troubles with gluten, is that what you mean?  Mostly, I need to function straight through anything like that.  Brain fog and fatigue pretty much aren't an excused absence in my line of work.  Motherhood.

CaliSparrow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:06 AM

Sadly, this person was run off by the "moderator" here and I could've benefitted from this person's experience. Anyone else find this to be the case on this board? Very lousy.

Grade: F
Healing little by little. Functional Medicine is helping.
2015: Celiac dx, sleep apnea, chronic dehydration/malabsorption. Receiving Vit D treatment +iron, IV nutrient therapy, CPAP
Year 2: Mental clarity improving (and year 3 still improving!)
October 2013-14: low heart rate, low BP, arrhythmia = better! '15
September 2013: 55+ food intolerances, mercury poisoning, sIgA 50, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, hormone disruption, ferritin 7, low Vit D, low Vit B6
November 2012: Gluten-Free
Year 1: Migraines resolved, OCD diminished, Change in skin texture, EyeBrows lifting & eyes bigger, Better memory, Better cognitive function, Better problem-solving capabilities, Lower anxiety level, Better outlook, Arrhythmia reduced, hope
2006-2012: Multiple unexplained illnesses; 2009: anemic; iron infusions
2005: undx celiac crisis, 2 months of hell & never to return to normal

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:53 AM

Why would asking valid questions be "running off" the OP?

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

Sadly, this person was run off by the "moderator" here and I could've benefitted from this person's experience. Anyone else find this to be the case on this board? Very lousy.

How do you know the op was "run off"? Plenty of times people ask questions & then just disappear - it doesn't necessarily mean they were run off.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

ohhhhhhhhhhhh kaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......................???  i don't see your point, but, wow, thanks for letting us know nearly a year later.   ;) 

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,976 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

If that was true then the thing to do would have been to contact Scott. At the time. I don't see what your purpose is posting that a year later. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: