5 replies to this topic

#1 bluedove

bluedove

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:50 AM

Despite eliminating gluten, dairy and legumes I have been coping with fatigue and mood issues. I am working with my family doctor but recently began seeing a naturpathic doctor who has placed me on IV nutrient therapy and a further 3 week hypoallergenic diet to search for other food intolerances.
1) has anyone tried IV nutrient therapy (Myers cocktail) and was it successful?

2) how often do people get sick throughout the year? Do I have to become ocd and turn into a major pita to avoid cross contamination

3) any ideas on how to treat CC muscle pain\neuropathy when CC happen? Missing 2 days of work each time is causing problems with my employer. I thought I was doing well this year :(

Allergic rhinitis and chronic sinus 2010 (no longer an issue since gluten-free and DF)
celiac disease & lactose intolerance- 2011
No legumes- 2013
*Supplementing daily with D,C,zinc, complex B, calcium citrate, L-glutamine powder, and will be adding flax oil, hmf powder probiotic, phytosine, and have weekly IV therapy for another 4 weeks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

I'm assuming your real doctor re- tested your Celiac antibodies and they have gone back to normal? He has tested your thyroid? He has blood tested to see what things you are lacking - like vit D, iron, ferritin, B12, etc?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 bluedove

bluedove

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

Thank you for your reply. Thyroid screen appears normal. Ferritin was at 29 in December- am taking an iron supplement as well. My skin arms, legs and scalp are often itchy but I don't have any sores or DH that I can see.

#4 bluedove

bluedove

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

Whoops- and yes, the antibodies have returned to within normal ranges

#5 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,235 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Not sure why you would have an IV if something if your levels are all good?

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#6 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:53 AM

It sounds like you can't afford to have problems with cross contamination.  Preventing problems is the very best way to solve it.  Eat foods you prepare away from contamination worries.  Once you are ill you kind of have to wait it out.  Some people say that extra fluids helps once you are glutened..

I actually can't remember the last time I was ill.  Oh, yeah it was about a year ago.  I have had troubles with gluten, is that what you mean?  Mostly, I need to function straight through anything like that.  Brain fog and fatigue pretty much aren't an excused absence in my line of work.  Motherhood.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: