Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Iv Nutrient Therapy

11 posts in this topic

Despite eliminating gluten, dairy and legumes I have been coping with fatigue and mood issues. I am working with my family doctor but recently began seeing a naturpathic doctor who has placed me on IV nutrient therapy and a further 3 week hypoallergenic diet to search for other food intolerances.

1) has anyone tried IV nutrient therapy (Myers cocktail) and was it successful?

2) how often do people get sick throughout the year? Do I have to become ocd and turn into a major pita to avoid cross contamination

3) any ideas on how to treat CC muscle pain\neuropathy when CC happen? Missing 2 days of work each time is causing problems with my employer. I thought I was doing well this year :(

Allergic rhinitis and chronic sinus 2010 (no longer an issue since gluten-free and DF)

celiac disease & lactose intolerance- 2011

No legumes- 2013

*Supplementing daily with D,C,zinc, complex B, calcium citrate, L-glutamine powder, and will be adding flax oil, hmf powder probiotic, phytosine, and have weekly IV therapy for another 4 weeks

Ads by Google:

I'm assuming your real doctor re- tested your Celiac antibodies and they have gone back to normal? He has tested your thyroid? He has blood tested to see what things you are lacking - like vit D, iron, ferritin, B12, etc?

Thank you for your reply. Thyroid screen appears normal. Ferritin was at 29 in December- am taking an iron supplement as well. My skin arms, legs and scalp are often itchy but I don't have any sores or DH that I can see.

Whoops- and yes, the antibodies have returned to within normal ranges

Not sure why you would have an IV if something if your levels are all good?

It sounds like you can't afford to have problems with cross contamination.  Preventing problems is the very best way to solve it.  Eat foods you prepare away from contamination worries.  Once you are ill you kind of have to wait it out.  Some people say that extra fluids helps once you are glutened..

I actually can't remember the last time I was ill.  Oh, yeah it was about a year ago.  I have had troubles with gluten, is that what you mean?  Mostly, I need to function straight through anything like that.  Brain fog and fatigue pretty much aren't an excused absence in my line of work.  Motherhood.

Sadly, this person was run off by the "moderator" here and I could've benefitted from this person's experience. Anyone else find this to be the case on this board? Very lousy.

Grade: F

Why would asking valid questions be "running off" the OP?

Sadly, this person was run off by the "moderator" here and I could've benefitted from this person's experience. Anyone else find this to be the case on this board? Very lousy.

How do you know the op was "run off"? Plenty of times people ask questions & then just disappear - it doesn't necessarily mean they were run off.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh kaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......................???  i don't see your point, but, wow, thanks for letting us know nearly a year later.   ;) 

If that was true then the thing to do would have been to contact Scott. At the time. I don't see what your purpose is posting that a year later.