1 reply to this topic

#1 Jewitch

Jewitch

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

I've been having trouble with gluten for a few months.  I have not been diagnosed with Celiac Disease yet. I saw my doctor this morning, but (of course) forgot to tell him all the sysmptoms I've been experiencing. ( I forgot to take the list I wrote). He  did the blood test but is reluctant to order the biopsy. He says many insurance companies won't pay for it. He said that I could have developed a gluten intolerance without having C>D>

I called my insurance company & the person I talked to said she "didn't think" the test would be covered because the "Cure" is so simple-" "just avoid bread & pasta". She said she'd check when I got pissy about it, but I'm not expecting a rapid reply.

As far as going gluten free, I'm lucky (I know, I know...weird saying that). The first gluten free grocery store in the country is within walking distance of my house, & the supermarket I regularly shop at has a dedicated section with a good choice.

Other than that, I'm retired, busy fixing up a crumbling old house & being "The Cool Aunt", & pretending to be a writer.  I follow politics, watch a lot of news, read almost anything, spend far too much time surfing the internet, & travel when the wallet allows.

And I am a Green Bay Packers fan. No Matter What.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 luvs2eat

luvs2eat

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

I was diagnosed with blood tests... wicked positive celiac "levels," which were confirmed a few years later with endoscopy (showing wicked celiac changes). Go online and learn about going gluten free. It's not nearly as hard as it seems... whole foods and some gluten free processed foods can make the whole thing way more tolerable and very doable.

luvs2eat
Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas
positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy
diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day
Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: