Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac Or Not Celiac

4 posts in this topic

The doctors really dont have a clue what is wrong with our son and was put on gluten free trial.  The first 2 weeks were great he stopped complining his belly hurt, and his belly got alot smaller. Since then eating same food his belly has gotten bigger again and complains it hurts.

Thoughts?

Ads by Google:

check for cross contamination.  has he been visiting relatives/friends? school ending parties?  etc

How old?  My 7 year old, will eat a cookie if a teacher gives it to him.  His legs will break out really bad and then I grill him what have you eaten.  I know I have not given it to him, well, we usually trace it back to a friend or a teacher.

I recently had a long talk with him about it is his body, and what he eats that will make his legs do that, and if he eats cookies I do not give him, expect his legs to hurt.  I think that may have stopped it.

He is 6. Hes really good about it, if he dont know that its gluten free for sure he refuses to eat it. Teachers are aware and does not give anything. His lunches are packed from home. We have doen nothing different from the  first 2 weeks.  I am unsure if it is celiacs to begin with.