Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Detroit Tigers Offer Gluten-Free Ticket Package To Benefit Tri-County Celiac ... -

1 post in this topic

Detroit Tigers Offer Gluten-Free Ticket Package to Benefit Tri-County Celiac ...

The Detroit Tigers have announced a special Gluten Free ticket/food package for fans at Comerica Park. The Gluten Free package includes a ticket to the game on Monday, June 17, 2013 as the Tigers host the Baltimore Orioles. Packages are on sale now, ...

View the full article

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Yes, there are other grains that have gluten but they don't have the TYPE of gluten that affects celiacs. Celaics can not have the gluten in wheat, barley, & rye. Corn has gluten but it is not the kind of gluten we react to. I actually use corn gluten in my garden as it prevents weed seeds from sprouting. LOL! Hey, it works great! Read these: Gluten is the name for the protein in grains. All grains contain protein that is theoretically gluten but people with celiac disease and most other gluten allergies only react to the form of gluten found in wheat (including spelt, kamut, triticale and all varieties of wheat), barley, and rye. From:   I've run across another gluten urban legend that needs to be dispelled: the idea that people with celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity actually react to gluten in all grains, not just wheat, barley, rye and sometimes oats. This just isn't true, despite what you might have heard or read. People who react to the gluten protein found in wheat, barley and rye don't automatically need to avoid rice, corn, millet, sorghum and other grains. From:   There are some unsavory sites out there in internet land that will tell you celiacs cross react to all grains. They generally have something to sell, a book, a video, some vitamins or other things. They use scare tactics to sell what they are selling. These claims simply are not true. If they were, then all the people on this site who have gotten well while not eating wheat, barley & rye but continuing to eat rice, quinoa, corn & so forth would not have gotten well; they would be dead by now & there would be no "old timers" on this site because they would have eventually died from eating grains other than wheat, barley & rye. Celiacs can develop sensitivities to other foods, even foods like cabbage or lettuce or potatoes or even rice or maybe only brown rice but that does not mean they are reacting b/c of gluten in those things. You may be doing great since eliminating rice from your diet and that is wonderful that you figured out that it affects you but that does not mean the rice contains the kind of protein that celiacs can not tolerate.  
    • So, I've had a skin condition for years which looks like DH but blood tests for it come back normal.  High doses of steroids or of immuno-suppressants work well to clear my skin, but as soon as they are reduced the inflammation returns.  I tried a gluten free diet for a month, during which my skin seemed to set on fire even more.  My dermatologist says if my problem was DH then I would have had a positive result from going gluten free for four weeks, although information on the internet suggests it takes at least 6 months.  Does anyone have some experience of something like this?  Do I believe my dermatologist or the internet???
    • Working a modifying a recipe to be both Vegan and Grain free. I am a bit low on funds right now and can not test it. Feed back is welcome and if you do it perhaps  get me a grams breakdown for duplication. 1 cup almond flour
      ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
      1 teaspoons cinnamon
      1 teaspoons apple pie spice
      1 teaspoon baking soda
      ½ teaspoon salt
      ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
      ½ cup almond butter
      ½ cup Maple/Agave
      2 Tablespoons soft coconut oil
      2 Tablespoons Ground Flax Seed combined with 5 table spoons water whisked and set aside
      1 medium apple, diced small (about 1¼ cups)
      1 cup chopped pecans
      ¼ cup flax seeds

Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
      In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
      Add the applesauce, almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and ground flax mixture. Beat with a mixer until everything is incorporated.
      Stir in the diced apple, pecans, and flax seeds.
      Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25min
    • Sorry - didnt realize you couldnt see it. Talked about all grains having gluten.  
    • We can't see the video carle.  The site is banned from celiac com for spamming. Not having seen it, I'd guess they are selling something?
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member