• Please log in to reply

37 replies to this topic

#31 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

The fluoride content is extremely relevant considering that this is a conversation about why a person might experience a reaction to wine.

Here is a link to an entire article that goes into all of the details about the fluoride levels of grapes being beyond those allowed with links to the scientific studies.

http://www.naturalne...des_grapes.html

Do you have any information that's remotely current?  The "news" referenced in that article is from last decade.  California wine growers discourage the use of cryolite:

http://www.alliedgra...f/Pesticide.pdf

Sorry Karen.  Back to gluten and wine,

on this wine thread

in this gluten-free foods topic...

on this gluten site....

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 AlwaysLearning

AlwaysLearning

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

Ironically, I didn't have time to track down additional links because I was headed out the door to the dentist.

But having a "moderator" treat me with so little respect, I have little interest in continuing. 

Goodbye celiac forum.

#33 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

Do you have any information that's remotely current?  The "news" referenced in that article is from last decade.  California wine growers discourage the use of cryolite:

http://www.alliedgra...f/Pesticide.pdf

Sorry Karen.  Back to gluten and wine,

on this wine thread

in this gluten-free foods topic...

on this gluten site....

Ironically, I didn't have time to track down additional links because I was headed out the door to the dentist.

But having a "moderator" treat me with so little respect, I have little interest in continuing. 

Goodbye celiac forum.

Thanks for the link, Jess.

Unfortunately, being a mod means I sometimes have to remind people of the rules they agreed to when they signed on here. One of those rules pertains to making statements of fact that are not generally known and having reliable back-up to show us, so we can learn from it.

Also, sometimes, I have to steer the topics back to the original posters intention.  If a member wants to discuss something unrelated to the topic or even the forum, they can start their own, new topic in Related disorders/research or the chat/Gab section or another section it might fit.

Enjoy your wine!  :)

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#34 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

on this gluten site....

wait.  there's gluten ON THIS SITE??!!   :o   (....................runs away..........................)  :lol:  

sorry, i must have had too much wine <that doesn't have gluten in it  <_<

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#35 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

wait.  there's gluten ON THIS SITE??!!   :o   (....................runs away..........................)  :lol:  

sorry, i must have had too much wine <that doesn't have gluten in it  <_<

It's ok.  As Steph pointed out, the effects are cumulative, so all you have to do is step away from the computer and you should be ok.

Have some more wine

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#36 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

See how funny people can be when they consume wine?  If wine had gluten, they would be foggy headed and cranky. Or is it the flouride that makes you foggy headed and cranky?  :o

And does this mean that if I drink more wine, will it prevent further cavities?  How brilliant is it that they make wine with flouride now, instead of having to drink all that tap water?  ;)

#37 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

It's ok.  As Steph pointed out, the effects are cumulative, so all you have to do is step away from the computer and you should be ok.

Have some more wine

lolz - twist my arm ;)

See how funny people can be when they consume wine?  If wine had gluten, they would be foggy headed and cranky. Or is it the flouride that makes you foggy headed and cranky?  :o

And does this mean that if I drink more wine, will it prevent further cavities?  How brilliant is it that they make wine with flouride now, instead of having to drink all that tap water?  ;)

yes, i can now chew through steel - superman is jealous of my mad drinking skills  :lol:

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#38 Celtic Queen

Celtic Queen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

"I'm not an expert on liquor I barely know what half the things are in the store but the owner seemed to have a lot of gluten-free customers and said many report getting sick with certain wines or "wine like drinks" (he said anything made in a day and not aged isn't wine haha referring to my arbor mist question) and he saw some consistency in the complaints of real wines making him wonder if some have contamination issues. "

A lot of wine coolers and "wine like drinks" have malt in them, which is barley, and are not gluten-free.  I've not had a problem getting glutened by actual wine though.  But I have noticed that alcohol affects me differently since going gluten-free.  It takes much less of it for me to feel the effects now.

Blood tested 8-11 positive, Biopsy 9-11 negative (long story, most gastro drs. are morons)

gluten-free 7-11, Dairy Free (mostly) 8-13 - Everything but butter.  Can't live life without butter....

DS - negative blood test, just diagnosed with ADD and other learning disorders, DNA test positive - high risk

Issues related to gluten: depression, low iron, hair loss, positive ana test for lupus, low vitamin D, headache, sinusitis, environmental allergies, brain fog, GI problems, weight gain....the list goes on....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: