This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Does Anyone Know Any Good Doctors Near Tampa Fl

LizEnnis

LizEnnis Newbie

Hello my name is Liz,  and I have been sick my entire life, I have seen more doctors than i'd like to remember. I have been misdiagnosed more times than I imagined would ever be possible,

I got my hopes up in 2010 when the doctors found a pituitary tumor... I know usually people would not get their hopes up about a tumor in their brain however I was happy when I was diagnosed with pituitary cushings because I thought now that they know what is wrong with me, they can fix me. Fat chance.

After two years at Moffitt Cancer Center, the doctor refusing to remove the tumor and now saying he did not think I had cushings (that he diagnosed originally)  he then wanted me to see a shrink because he thought I was making myself sick, or making up that I am sick. Needless to say, I changed doctors. I have started with all new doctors now who are starting from scratch.

I am pleased with my new doctors with the exception of the GI. The new GI did a blood test for celiac which I do not have the results for yet, I have a sibling with celiac so this makes sense. However I do not like this doctor, he must have asked me 75 times in my appointment if I smoked pot (which I don't...the smell makes me throw up and I don't need help in that department) I explained each time he asked that I did not, and then told me to stop smoking pot because contrary to popular belief it makes stomach problems worse. Earth to Dr. I don't smoke it.

At this point I am ready to give up on all doctors, but I cant because I have two children who do not deserve a sick mother. Does anyone know of a good doctor near Tampa? thank you

• 2 months later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

krixem Newbie

Hello my name is Liz,  and I have been sick my entire life, I have seen more doctors than i'd like to remember. I have been misdiagnosed more times than I imagined would ever be possible,

I got my hopes up in 2010 when the doctors found a pituitary tumor... I know usually people would not get their hopes up about a tumor in their brain however I was happy when I was diagnosed with pituitary cushings because I thought now that they know what is wrong with me, they can fix me. Fat chance.

After two years at Moffitt Cancer Center, the doctor refusing to remove the tumor and now saying he did not think I had cushings (that he diagnosed originally)  he then wanted me to see a shrink because he thought I was making myself sick, or making up that I am sick. Needless to say, I changed doctors. I have started with all new doctors now who are starting from scratch.

I am pleased with my new doctors with the exception of the GI. The new GI did a blood test for celiac which I do not have the results for yet, I have a sibling with celiac so this makes sense. However I do not like this doctor, he must have asked me 75 times in my appointment if I smoked pot (which I don't...the smell makes me throw up and I don't need help in that department) I explained each time he asked that I did not, and then told me to stop smoking pot because contrary to popular belief it makes stomach problems worse. Earth to Dr. I don't smoke it.

At this point I am ready to give up on all doctors, but I cant because I have two children who do not deserve a sick mother. Does anyone know of a good doctor near Tampa? thank you

Liz, did you ever find a good GI doctor? I am from Tampa Bay area and was looking for recommendations as well. I went to Dr. James Barthell, he is in Largo. Seemed like a nice man, he did my biopsy and ordered bunch of tests, waiting on the results now. I would be interested to see if you found someone you liked.

Archived