Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Common For Ncgi People To Be Nutrient Defficient?

ncgi anemia testing

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 turningleaf

turningleaf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

I am iron, B12 and D3 deficient and living with a multitude of gluten related symptoms.  I've been told that I'm 1 point away from being considered Celiac, but I haven't had biopsies or genetic testing.  I've seen 2 different opinions - can you have Celiac and not have one of the 2 genes associated with the disease?   Also, do you see the nutrient deficiencies in NCGI? Putting the puzzle pieces together is so complicated!   Thanks for any insight.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nvsmom

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yes and yes. There are board members here who don't have either of the 2 most common genes... can't remember who though.   NCGI appears to affect nutrients levels - I'm guessing it has something to do with the inflammation it causes.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 turningleaf

turningleaf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Yes and yes. There are board members here who don't have either of the 2 most common genes... can't remember who though.   NCGI appears to affect nutrients levels - I'm guessing it has something to do with the inflammation it causes.

Thank you!  I'm very new to this forum.  Is there a way to have email notification on responses or an easy way to return to the forum and find your own post/topics?  I had to wait for my posts to be approved by a moderator and then find them again.  I'm guessing there is an easier way.  Thanks again

#4 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Thank you!  I'm very new to this forum.  Is there a way to have email notification on responses or an easy way to return to the forum and find your own post/topics?  I had to wait for my posts to be approved by a moderator and then find them again.  I'm guessing there is an easier way.  Thanks again

At the top of the topics is a Follow button.  You get notifications of any posts on this topic.  Also, in your profile is a notification section.  You can choose different options in there.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: