Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Common For Ncgi People To Be Nutrient Defficient?

ncgi anemia testing

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

turningleaf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

I am iron, B12 and D3 deficient and living with a multitude of gluten related symptoms.  I've been told that I'm 1 point away from being considered Celiac, but I haven't had biopsies or genetic testing.  I've seen 2 different opinions - can you have Celiac and not have one of the 2 genes associated with the disease?   Also, do you see the nutrient deficiencies in NCGI? Putting the puzzle pieces together is so complicated!   Thanks for any insight.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

nvsmom

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yes and yes. There are board members here who don't have either of the 2 most common genes... can't remember who though.   NCGI appears to affect nutrients levels - I'm guessing it has something to do with the inflammation it causes.

Nicole Posted Image

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993
Celiac - June, 2012
Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

turningleaf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Yes and yes. There are board members here who don't have either of the 2 most common genes... can't remember who though.   NCGI appears to affect nutrients levels - I'm guessing it has something to do with the inflammation it causes.

Thank you!  I'm very new to this forum.  Is there a way to have email notification on responses or an easy way to return to the forum and find your own post/topics?  I had to wait for my posts to be approved by a moderator and then find them again.  I'm guessing there is an easier way.  Thanks again

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,591 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Thank you!  I'm very new to this forum.  Is there a way to have email notification on responses or an easy way to return to the forum and find your own post/topics?  I had to wait for my posts to be approved by a moderator and then find them again.  I'm guessing there is an easier way.  Thanks again

At the top of the topics is a Follow button.  You get notifications of any posts on this topic.  Also, in your profile is a notification section.  You can choose different options in there.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: