Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Common For Ncgi People To Be Nutrient Defficient?

4 posts in this topic

I am iron, B12 and D3 deficient and living with a multitude of gluten related symptoms.  I've been told that I'm 1 point away from being considered Celiac, but I haven't had biopsies or genetic testing.  I've seen 2 different opinions - can you have Celiac and not have one of the 2 genes associated with the disease?   Also, do you see the nutrient deficiencies in NCGI? Putting the puzzle pieces together is so complicated!   Thanks for any insight.

Ads by Google:

Yes and yes. There are board members here who don't have either of the 2 most common genes... can't remember who though.   NCGI appears to affect nutrients levels - I'm guessing it has something to do with the inflammation it causes.

Yes and yes. There are board members here who don't have either of the 2 most common genes... can't remember who though.   NCGI appears to affect nutrients levels - I'm guessing it has something to do with the inflammation it causes.

Thank you!  I'm very new to this forum.  Is there a way to have email notification on responses or an easy way to return to the forum and find your own post/topics?  I had to wait for my posts to be approved by a moderator and then find them again.  I'm guessing there is an easier way.  Thanks again

Thank you!  I'm very new to this forum.  Is there a way to have email notification on responses or an easy way to return to the forum and find your own post/topics?  I had to wait for my posts to be approved by a moderator and then find them again.  I'm guessing there is an easier way.  Thanks again

At the top of the topics is a Follow button.  You get notifications of any posts on this topic.  Also, in your profile is a notification section.  You can choose different options in there.