Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free Food Fair

14 posts in this topic

Just a heads up to anyone in Utah that this Saturday, the 15th is the Gluten Free Food Fair in Orem. It was a blast last year and this year is bigger and at a new venue, so should be worth a trip to Utah county even if you aren't directly from the area. We had vendors from all over the state and even some from out of state last year.

It is at the Hamptom Inn in Orem from 10 to 3. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday than relaxing and trying new things and chatting with people who "get it."

I'm not sure how many Utahns we have here, but I hope maybe I'll "see" some of you there! :D

https://www.facebook.com/events/134329586757342/?ref=3

Ads by Google:

Wish I lived there! Nothing like that here. Have fun!

I wish they would have one here!

celi-act sponsored one last march (2012) and i heard about it too late.  so i vowed to pay attention and when this year's date was announced, i put it on my calendar.  i was IN THE CAR, GOOGLING DIRECTIONS and just happened to come across the cancellation.  i was so bummed....  :(  and mad!  lolz i was so mad i never did find out why they cancelled it.  (i should)  

anyways, i expect to have all the fun vicariously through you, adalaide  :)

This isn't even our big one, this is the rinky dink little food fair thing down in Utah County. There will be a HUGE event this fall up in SLC that will probably draw national attention since Jennifer Esposito will be the keynote speaker. That is the one that I'm super stoked about.

I went to one in Rapid City a couple of years ago before the corn intolerance hit. It was fun, yummy, and educational. Wish I could close the shop for a few days and come out, but alas, it's tourist season and I have to be here.

Being self employed is not all its cracked up to be. Sure there are benefits but there are the downsides too. :(

Yeah, I keep telling my self I'm going to take a vacation but so far it's been seven years (exactly seven years yesterday as a matter of fact), with never more than one day in a row off. No, I take that back, I actually took two days off for a blizzard this past winter. It was glorious to be able to sleep in for a couple of days, but shoveling snow isn't my idea of a vacation. :ph34r:

Okay, I have to share this because I can't believe what happened. We all say we try this things that are amazing right? Well I had a donut today that was absolutely to die for. My husband said he wouldn't have known it was gluten free. OMG I thought I would die of happiness as it melted in my mouth! I brought a mix home and can't wait to make them.

I also got all sorts of goodies and freebies. And my husband won a drawing for a gift certificate for a local BBQ joint. Woo!!!

As soon as the lady who does the donuts gives me a link to her new website I'll be sure to share! I also picked up a red velvet cake mix from her and that will honestly probably get made before the donuts. I am a sucker for red velvet anything. The woman is also the force behind the new (less sucky) formula for gluten free Bisquick, so she knows her stuff. She is simply amazing.

DONUT!???!!  DID YOU SAY DONUT???!!!  sounds awesome, addie :)  just like a real fair where you eat stuff, and you learn stuff, and you eat stuff, and you bring home stuff - yay!!  (red velvet, lolz, your favorite, you lucky lil' dog!)

i'm so jelly.  like a donut   :P

i'm so jelly.  like a donut   :P

Bahahaha! She says she just got her website up and running but the link isn't on her facebook page yet. I'll harass her on Monday about it and then send you for donuts! Then you can be a little less jelly donut and a little more eating donuts. :D Or eating jelly donuts.

I would love to be there.

Bahahaha! She says she just got her website up and running but the link isn't on her facebook page yet. I'll harass her on Monday about it and then send you for donuts! Then you can be a little less jelly donut and a little more eating donuts. :D Or eating jelly donuts.

Oh please keep us posted!!!!!!!

I posted a link to the website over in the products area.